"I mean," he said, "okay, bye." He turned around and began to walk away.

                Scarlett's jaw dropped. The nerve of that man! She could not believe that he had walked away from a lady who was clearly in need of help.

                Swallowing her pride, which was hard for Scarlett to do, she called after him. "Wait!"

                He halted.

                "I'm sorry, okay?" Scarlett said. "Please just help me, I can't get out by myself." She was pleading now, something her mother had taught her never to do, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

                The man smiled to himself, before turning around to face Scarlett with a blank look. He knew women like her. The uptight kind, who like to have the upper hand on everything. Well not this time, lady, he thought.

                He walked up to her and did a little bow. "Marvin Matthews, at your service Ma'am."

                Scarlett rolled her eyes. What a strange name, she thought. She didn't have any more time to continue to her thoughts, as she felt a strong and sudden tug and heard her dress rip.

                She landed on her purse. The jerk, Marvin Matthews, didn't even offer her his hand so she could stand up. She got up groaning, dusting off her dress and picking up her purse. She was putting on her shoes when she heard Marvin laughing like a hyena behind her.

                She turned around, agitated. "What's your problem?"

                "Y-your dress!" His laugh got louder as Scarlett's frown got deeper. She turned her head and twisted her body and tried to find the problem in her dress. She almost screamed when she saw the large tear running down the back of her once beautiful dress.

                Marvin couldn't stop laughing. "Nice undies," he commented when he paused his laughter to take a breath.

                This time Scarlett did scream.

                Marvin jumped, obviously taken aback by the sudden high pitched noise. "Relax, lady! It's just a dress."

                By the time he had said that, Scarlett was already panicking. The night didn't go as Scarlett planned it to and now she had no way to get home. Lisa had dropped her to the restaurant in hopes that Brad Lipton may be the one and he could drop Scarlett home after their date. She refused to call Lisa because Scarlett was not in the mood to be told, I told you so, by her best friend and neither was she in the mood to discuss how the date went. On top of that, one of her favorite dresses had ripped, her purse was dirty, her shoes were hurting her feet and she was hungry.

                So Scarlett did what every reasonable woman would do if she were in her position.

                She started to cry.

                "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Marvin looked shocked. He knew the lady's dress was ripped but he didn't expect her to start crying over that. It's just a dress for goodness sake, he thought.

                "Go," Scarlett sniffled, "go away."

                "And leave you like this? I think not, lady."

                Scarlett sat down, not having the energy to argue with the annoying man in front of her. She didn't know what his problem was, or why he was still hanging around.

                Her eyes were closed when she felt the weight of a sweater around her shoulders and the smell of manliness engulfed her.

                She opened her tearful eyes and met a pair of hopeful grey ones.

                "Here," he said, helping her up. "Tie my sweater around your waist, it'll cover the tear."

                She was too exhausted to do anything else or argue with Marvin, so she did as asked. Turning her head and twisting her body once more, she found that the sweater did in fact do the job and covered the rip. It just looked horribly ugly, but she didn't care.

                "I know it looks bad, but it's better than having your underwear for display." Marvin said, speaking her thoughts.

                She smiled—or at least tried to. "Thanks."

                "Do you need a ride home?"

                She nodded and picked up her bag. Scarlett didn't know what she was doing, getting in a car with a man she didn't know (her mother would definitely not approve), but she was out of options and energy.

                He glanced her way once they pulled out of the parking lot. "Are you hungry? I bet you didn't eat."

                She nodded once again, but then a thought came to mind. "Won't your boss get mad that you left without saying a word?"

                He smirked in a way that made Scarlett feel weird inside. "You seriously don't know?"

                She gave him a look of confusion, not understanding his train of thought.

                "I am the boss."

                The smirk was back on his face as Scarlett's mouth hung open. She was too stunned to say anything.

                "You mean to say that you own that restaurant?" She asked.

                "Yes."

                "But it's a five star restaurant and like one of the most expensive ones to eat at."

                He nodded. "I know and I'm proud."

                "So like, you, Marvin Mathews, owns the restaurant whose window I was just stuck in?"

                He laughed light heartedly. "Yes."

                "This is so weird," she muttered to herself, making Marvin laugh again.

                He looked over at her again. "I don't think I got your name, lady."

                "Scarlett. Scarlett Woods."

                He smiled, "Well, Scarlett, Scarlett Woods, would  you like to have a late night burger with me?"

A/N:

Hey guys what do you think of the story so far? You got to meet Marvin in this chapter, anyone have any thought on him? Or Scarlett? Please leave feedback! :) Vote and Comment!

Also, be sure to like my facebook page to get updates on when I post new chapters and for exclusive sneak peeks!

www.facebook.com/colourfulsprinkles