"What?"

"I mean-" he stopped, looking down at the girl. "Vi, my love, say nothing and you think we should stay here for the rest of the train ride." As the obvious success of his plan, James high fived Sirius, similar to Lily hitting him over the head, careful that she wouldn't move so much to wake her friend up. As if to rub it in her face, for about 2 minutes he only pulled weird faces at her, as if to remind her that now, she had to deal with him. 

"Nicely played Prongs. ," Sirius commented, his hand moving to pat his best mates shoulder. "Besides, why is she already sleeping? The train only had now started moving!" Lily not planning on answering just ignored the boy, her eyes not leaving the passing landscape. Yet there was no need to as the compartment door slide open a second time, revealing the only other Atkinson attending the school. 

"O.W.L.'s." Each head was fast to turn towards the boy, even Marlene turning at the sound of his voice, an child-like smile coming on her face.

"My favorite Atkinson!" Receiving a frantic look from her friend, Marlene mumbled a 'sorry', which was a lot quieter than the previous screamed words. 

"O.W.L.'s? But we're already finished with those!" Cayden, not even looking at Sirius, shrugged with his shoulders, moving across the compartment and towards his sisters' bag.

"She worries about them, Sirius Black." Obvious to the bewildered looks he received from the people around the compartment at the saying of Sirius whole name, he opened the bag, his small hands starting to make their way through it. 

"I mean understandable. Everyone is probably nervous about them, but they have to be perfect. And she sucks in transfiguration, so that and quitting Quidditch..."

"She still has some time to calm her nerves, we will only receive them in a couple of weeks." Letting out a dry laugh, Cayden continued searching for whatever in the leather bag, leaving the green-eyed prefect in a questioning state.

"Of course, you do. You're not an Atkinson." With the obvious questions on what he was meaning with that statement, Cayden left the wizards in question as he seemed to have found what he was searching for, what happened to be a hand full of gallons, exiting the compartment with an almost heroic smile and punching the air as he loudly declared to Oscar that they could now 'buy so much Candy that they are probably going to puke'.

As if sensing the questioning mood, Victoria's eyes had fluttered open. The girl had gotten even lesser sleep than usual. With squinted eyes and her hair all over the place, she only rolled over so much that her head laid in her own lap, immediately having fallen asleep in such uncomfortable looking position. And just as Lily was hurrying forward, as the girl seemed to fall down head first, she rolled towards the side.

For a moment, no one knew what to do. Each one with wide eyes, didn't want to wake her up, yet the one with the most shook written over his face was probably James. The girl, snuggling closer to him, left him to turn furiously red, even going as far as pinching himself, hoping that his desperate heart wasn't playing any games with his foolish mind. 

"Padfoot...Sirius-I swear to Merlin, if this is a dream, I'm going to kill you if you wake me up again!" 

•••

Victoria had wakened herself up in the end, as the train came to halt she feel over and ran out immediately as she was still in clothes she couldn't allow herself to exit the train

Victoria had wakened herself up in the end, as the train came to halt she feel over and ran out immediately as she was still in clothes she couldn't allow herself to exit the train. Hurring out as fast as she did, she didn't even notice the boys in the compartment, a specific one whose face had returned to the red it was at the beginning of the ride and who had usually done various things during his way to kings cross station, then barely daring to breathe. 

Then returning, Marlene and Lily had thought of it as a favor and had kicked the boys out, so that this factor of Victoria's rising nerves was gone. "I'm sorry that I slept for so long, I was just really tired." She was. She was tired beyond measurements, more than usual - usual being a state in which emotional exhaustans was a state in which she found herself in since the time she learned how to walk.

Shaking their head, the girls mustered a recurring smile for their friend. "It is okay. We're not mad, but we have to probably inform you about Cayden robbing you somehow." As calm as those words had made her, she smiled back, taking her belongings, carefully for Lily not to nocite the violent shaking of her hands.

"Yeah, that can be. Probably needed some money after he spend way to much last week on some potion ingredients."

Her voice drowned from the chatter of students exiting their compartments, and joyful making their way to their families. No girl made a move to exit the compartment. They knew they said their goodbye now for a specific one. And after a hug that seemed way to short, and words mumbled in goodbye by 2 slightly crying Gryffindors and a sad blond, they exit as one of the last.

The station was still crowded, families everywhere reuniting. Her family wasn't slow to be noticed, not even dressed in the black coat and dark sunglasses on the bridge of his nose. People would always notice an Atkinson. 

Even when it wasn't Jacob, but rather Leathan Atkinson. The once black hair was perfectly combed, shining silver in the sun. The identical eyes that Victoria held, looked at the girl over the sunglasses, mustering her as she made her way towards him. Cayden stood already next to him, switching from the piece of paper in his hand towards his sister pale as usual.

Coming to halt, Victoria gulped, for once not even daring to greet the houselve next to him in secret. She just put her luggage towards him, the owl ontop of it glaring at the older wizard. His face hadn't moved an inch as he handed it over to her. With shaking hands, and after visible gulping again, the girl rolled the piece of parchment open. 

Astronomy: O

Arithmancy: O

Care of Magical Creatures: O

Charms: O

Defense against the Dark Arts: O

Herbology: O

History of Magic: O

Potions: O

Study of ancient runes: O

Transfiguration: A

Victoria had never been as smart as Lily. She wasn't one who would have these marks flying to, just because she was just so smart. This was the result of sleepless nights, no free time and the worst headaches human possible. 

Herbology was an almost, saved only because of a teacher to kind for this world. McGonnagle wasn't any less kind. Victoria wouldn't be stupid enough to pass it somewhy to the teacher. The women had probably taken everything in her hand to even get the A. Every other person would have been beyond the moon over such marks. Every other - 

"I'm so sorry, I swear I will-" Like death himself, Leathan quiet his granddaughter with a single gaze, Victoria shameful looking down and hiding her shaking hands behind her back.

"We'll talk about this later."