Saving the World

Sky

Recap

"The new plan is every simple, with a strong enough ghostly power source and a big enough transfer device,  we can send the ghosts' intangibility across the entire planet. This way, the disaster-iod will pass harmlessly through it." Tucker explained.
"That's the plan, who's with us?" Danny asked.

It was an awkward silence until Maddie started to clap. Soon everyone joined her.

***

"Tucker Foley will lead the construction team in building the transfer device. While Jack and Maddie Fenton's team will spread the Transfer cables across the globe." I explained to a camera.
"If we all come together, not as separate nations, but as one world, we can do this." Danny finished as he held my hand and I smiled softly at him.
"Not bad huh? Now all we need is a massive ghost power source." Sam said.
"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" I asked Danny.
"I'm sure. I can move faster on my own, and I won't let you get hurt." Danny smiled lightly at me. "By the way, where do mom and dad think Danny Fenton is anyway?" Danny asked his sister.
"With them. I re dressed the tuckbot 9000 to make it look and act like you. They'll never know the difference." Jazz answered with a grin on her face.
"I gotta go. According to the map, a portal is about to open over the pole any minute now." Danny opened up the map before Jazz lunged at him to wrap him up in a hug.
"See you back here soon, little brother. And thanks." She grinned before leaving. Danny grabbed my hand lightly and pulled me into him and gave me back my ring.
"No, Danny. Keep it with you, but promise to bring it back. If you promise then I know I'll see you again." I curled his hand around the small metal object.
"If we make it through this-" Danny started.
"When we make it through this." I cut in.
"Right, when we make it through this, I have a few things I need to talk to you about." He smiled.
"I think I'd be willing to listen. And no matter how this thing ends, this whole ride we've been on together, I wouldn't change it for the world." I held his hands in mine.
"Me neither. I-" he started before I kissed his cheek. I pulled back and looked down at the snow before he gently placed his hand under my chin, so his lips would meet mine.
"Wow, remind me to save the world more often." He grinned once we pulled away, not enough to fully be apart from each other.
"I'll come and help you when you come out, ok?" I smiled softly as he nodded and took off into a jet.
I saw him take off into the ghost portal before I headed into the building to get warm before I felt a pinch in my side.
"Danny." I gasped as I quickly changed into my alter ego and flew into a portal.
I heard Danny scream as I flew as fast as I could over to him to shield him from the next blast. I let out a scream as my hair flickered to life.
"Leave him alone." I growled as they all backed up. "Good. Now, I need your help. Both worlds are interconnected. If that one goes, this one goes with it and vice versa. Do you want to be the reason everyone dies?" I hissed as they bowed. "Wonderful, now shall we?" I asked as Danny and I lead the way. All the ghosts pushed their energy into the transfer device as we made the Earth intangible.
"Where's the asteroid!?" Danny grunted as it came through the Earth and flew away. We all let go and Danny and I flew together to the ground only to get toppled by Jazz, Sam, and Tucker.
"Awesome." Sam grinned.
"Nice job you two. Or should I say 'heros'?" Jazz complimented us as Skulker and all the other ghosts came up to us.
"I don't know what to say other then, thanks Skulker." Danny starts.
"Yes, thank you all." I smiled proudly at my future people.
"Don't get too mushy ghost child. Remember, I'll never bow to you, even if she does make you her king." Skulker grinned before he flew away with all the others.
"Nice job Danny and Skylar. Or should we say 'Danny' and 'Sky'." Jack said.
"What? Uh... sorry citizens, but I have no idea what you're talking about." Danny said in his hero voice.
"Isn't there something you two want to tell us?" Maddie questioned.
"It's ok guys, they know." Jazz confirmed as Danny and I started at each other holding hands as we changed back to normal and everyone started to clap and cheer for us.

***

"I can't believe we didn't attend our own ceremony." I laughed.
"The world is safe, time for new beginnings. I can't believe my dad wants us to team up with him." He chuckled.
"And be his sidekicks." I giggled. "We're big stars now, probably the biggest in the world."
"Yeah, it's weird huh?" Danny added.
"We'll probably be really busy." I shrugged.
"What else is new?" Danny held my hand.
"And we probably won't have too much time together anymore." I pouted.
"Oh, I wouldn't count on that." Danny scooted closer. "Sky, I never could have done any if this without you." Danny said as he slipped my ring back on my finger. "And I don't care what's coming next. I just hope that whatever it is, that you're there to share it with me."
"I will be. I just have to warn you though, I'm no pushover. I still have my own ways of doing things." I teared up.
"That's what I'm counting on." Danny grinned as we leaned in to share a kiss.
"What do you say? Want to go for a ride? See where the future takes us?" Danny asked me as he scooped me up into his arms.
"Hey, I can fly you know." I giggled.
"Oh, I know. I just miss carrying you everywhere." He smirked at me as he flew us over our statue and towards the moon.