Chapter Forty-Four

Coby POV

"How was your first time babe." I say as I roll over to the person laying next to me. "It was painful, yet very very pleasurable." Meredith says.

I asked her to come over so we could sort through our problems, and well you know. One thing led to another and now here we are.

"So are we done arguing? Or de we need to work out our problems again?" I ask with a smirk. "I think we can wait on round two." Meredith says laughing as she gets up.

"Where are you going?" I ask as I sit up. "I have to get going. I was supposed to meet up with Scarlett and Abbi." She says as she gets dressed.

"Ohh. I guess we'll just have to do round two another time." I say as I get up and peck her lips before throwing on my boxers.

Abbi's POV

After waiting for 30 minutes for Meredith to show up Scarlett and I just decided to go up to Haley's room.

"What exactly are we trying to find?" She asks. "Any of the pictures Haley could have taken. They have to be around her somewhere." I say.

"He could have destroyed them. I mean that's what any smart person would do." She says. "Well some people aren't as smart as you. Just search through everything." I tell her. "Yes ma'am." She says before getting to it.

After searching everything I turn to Scarlett with a defeated look.

"I don't think they're here." I say disappointed. "They have to be, where else could she have stashed them?" She asks. "I don't know. But there's no use being here if there's nothing that can help." I say.

So we both head out of the room. But as Scarlett's stepping over a bag she trips landing on her knees. I notice that the piece of floor she's landed on has lifted up a little bit on one part. I shoo her out of the way and press on the board. And sure enough it lifts up on one side, so I pull it out and toss it off to the side.

"What is that?" Scarlett asks. "I think it's like some secret compartment." I tell her.

I pull out my phone and use the flashlight to see what's in the hole. It's not that deep and inside I see some papers and something in a box.

"Scarlett can you grab those? Your arms are longer than mine." I ask. She reaches in and pulls everything out.

There's many papers of notes that Haley had taken down about observing my dads daily activities. But the box has a lock on it. I stare at Scarlett expectantly and she just smiles back.

She pulls the bobby-pins out of my hair and starts wiggling them around in the lock. After a minute the top pops open.

"Being able to break into things really comes in handy." She says with a big grin. We open it and inside there's a camera. "Do you think-" I start. "It has to be." She finishes.

"You look on it." I say pushing the box towards her. "Nope, you do it." She says pushing it back my way.

I let out a big sigh but pick up the camera and turn it on. It takes a minute but the pictures finally opens.

The first this I see is a bunch of pictures of my dad. But then the further down I go I see a video. I click on it and all it is is blackness, then there are screams.

Then the camera suddenly jerks up and on the screen is my mother standing about 20 feet away. My heart stops as I see my dad walk out from the back of a building. After a second they start to talk.

"Long time no see Kathryn." My dad says with an angry look. "Thomas please, you don't have to do this. I'm sorry for what I did, I know it was wrong. But it was for the best." My mom quickly says. "The time for apologies has long come and passed Kathryn. I just wanna make us even." He says.

"What are you talking about? You don't have to do anything Thomas, please." My mother pleas. "Well I thought since you made Abbi believe I was dead, them I should just settle the score. But Abbi won't be lied to this time, her parent will actually be dead. Not just pushed away." He says as he walks closer to her.

"Thomas please, you don't want to do this. Why would you wanna hurt our daughter like this. You can't do-" she starts. "Yes I can! I'm done listening to your voice, it's very annoying." He says as he pulls out a gun. "No please, I'll do-" And then I witness my mother being killed.

I drop the camera and immediately burst into tears.

It's one thing to know how she died, and another to actually witness it. The dreams were horrible, but they weren't real. They were just nightmares that I couldn't escape. But this is worse than anything else, this is real. This will stick with me forever.

Scarlett watches the video, afterwards she immediately wraps her arms around me and pulls me closer to her.

"Abbi if I would have known I would have never made you look. I'm so sorry." She says as I cry into her shoulder. "W-we have to take t-this to the cops." I stutter out through my tears.

"Do you wanna do that now?" She asks. "I h-have to. M-my dad needs to b-be stopped." I manage to say. I pull away from Scarlett and stand up.

I pick up the camera and walk out of Haley's room then out of her house, with Scarlett following behind. We get in the car and Scarlett drives to the police station. When we get there I jump out and run inside.

"May I speak with Mr. Richardson?" I ask the person at the front desk. "He's busy, maybe you could come back later." She says. "This is an emergency. Can you please tell him Abbi Carson is here to see him." I say.

"Ok ma'am I'll try." The woman says before she goes off somewhere. A minute later she comes back with Mr. Richardson.

"Abbi what is it? Is it Coby?" He asks worriedly. "No sir. It's actually about the murders. I know who is doing the killings." I tell him. "How? Do you have proof? Do you have a name?" He asks quickly.

"It's my father Thomas Carson, and here is all the proof you need." I slide the camera over then walk to the door. "Where are you going?!" Mr. Richardson yells.

"Home, I think I'm done here for now." I say before walking out.