It All Starts With A Single Step (Chapter 1)

As Joelle Greyson-Reigns finshes moving in and settles into her first apartment in Boston, Massachusetts, she pulls out an average size box from a shiny red gift bag. When she opens the box, she sees a DVD and two large books: one pink one and one red one.

The title of the DVD cover says:

"To My Darling Cupcake, Before you read this book, watch this DVD. With love always, Mommie Sophie."

After she unwrapped the DVD, she puts it in and braces herself with a smile. On the television screen, there is a lovely empty chair inside of a simple yet tastefully decorated room. A few seconds later, a woman walks into the room and sits in the empty chair which is placed in front of the camcorder. She's wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans with long red hair cut into layers and wearing a pair of glasses.

"Hi my Cupcake, if you're watching this, then you've hit the age by in which I want you to know everything about my life. While everyone has given you many lovely material things to start you on your way, I wanted to give you something else: a glimpse of what life is (and can be) like. I want you to know everything and everyone who has played a role in my life: the ups and down, the heavens and hells, the most important people in my life, and how I fell in love and married the true love of my life-your father-Roman Leat'i Reigns. Throughout the diary, I will leave you with rules I call My Cardinal Rules of Life."

"Oh my Cupcake, I hope you'll enjoy reading this as much as I've enjoyed reading and sharing it all with you. We love you...always, forever, and a day. Happy reading."

As the DVD finishes up, she picks up the pink book, finds a comfy spot on the sofa, and opens the diary. "Well, as my mom would say: laissez les bons temps rouler."

With that, she turns the page and starts the journey with a single step...