chapter two

present

present

     Kagami looked over at the clock hanging on the wall and let out a soft sigh. Too many things were going through her mind right now.

     They say that your imagination determines the size of your fear and that fear is the fruit of your imagination, something made up by your own mind. From that day, every time she closes her eyes, she could see his evil grin and how much of a monster he is.

     The nightmare wouldn't go away and she couldn't believe that even after that fall she'd risked, she survived.

     All she wanted is to die so that she could forget about the memories.

     Even leaving for school right now is a difficult move. Her parents had been extra protective of her ever since that incident. After she'd wake up from a coma, her parents had decided to move back to their hometown and that is the safest decision.

     “Call us if they're anything wrong, alright?” Kagami's mother tells her gently, looking at her daughter as her eyes glossy with tears. She's afraid too of whatever that might happen to her daughter while she's in school.

     Kagami smile and goes over to her mother, hugging her to assure that she's going to be fine.

     “Mom, I'll be alright. It's a new school, nobody knows me.” Kagami said, forcing herself to smile as she pulls away from the hug.

     They say their goodbyes and that's when she know her life is about to make some changes. She's finally going back to school after whatever happens in the past.

     As she's walking, many other students were making their way to school and she suddenly feel sick.

     Kagami wanted to turn around and go back home but a part of her just wanted to go to school. Her hands trembles as she walked past a few girls that wears the same uniform as her.

     She have that feelingnwhere the girls would be talking about her.

     What If my appearance is something to laugh about?

     Insecurities are hitting Kagami hard as she makes her way to the new school. Her future is at stake right now and she's getting nervous.

......

     Seating at the back seat after the introduction, Kagami hands are still trembling. The pressure is high for her to introduce herself to the whole class because of her fear. Even saying her name gives her the wildest thought of bullying.

     School didn't seem that bad. These kids here were friendly and more importantly, they didn't seems like a thread. No one is giving her that scary look. No one has yet came up to her and calls her name.

     When school ended, Kagami wanted to run away. Although no one is mean to her, she justust wanted to be alone and head back home to her safety. She'd grabbed her bag and headed towards the exit, only to be stopped by a tall guy who look like he's not in the mood.

     The bag that hangs under his eyes had made her shrunk. Kagami step back in fear, losing of words to say as she grips her bag tightly.

     “Toru~! You're scaring the girl with that eye!” A girl hissed, pulling Kagami over to her side and rubs her back to calm her down.

     I feel weird.

     “Ah, my bad. Sorry,” The guy name Toru said sleepily, bowing his head a little and yawning away.

     “I-It's o-okay,” Kagami stutter softly, trying to calm herself down.

     But she'd guess that the girl seems to know that Kagami stressed with nervousness.

     “Ah! My name's Ayako, that scary looking Gachapin is Toru and this is Takahiro.” Ayako grins as she introduces all her friends to her.

     Kagami looked at everyone. She could feel her lips were moving but nothing came out. She had hesitation and she didn't know if she can trust these people.

     I'm scared.

     “Ne~ Kagami-chan, why not we hang out together?” Ayako asked, grinning as she puts her arms over Kagami's shoulder.

     She immediately look at her. Her eyes widen as she said that. For the first time, someone is asking Kagami to hangout with them.

     “What do you think?” She asked her other two friends.

     “I'm cool,” Takahiro said, smiling at Kagami and pick his bag.

     “Why not?” Toru mumbles softly, scratching his head as he picks up his bag.

     He really do look like Gachapin now.

     “Ne! What do you think?” Ayako asked Kagami, nudging her for response.

     She gasps softly and began feeling flustered.

     “A-Ah okay,” Was all Kagami said.

     Ayako smiles and chuckles as they all leave the classroom. Kagami gulp and follow then as they walk down the hallway.

     She didn't know if she's making the right decision right now. What if they turn out to be the same like Kei? What if they hurt me? I don't want to go through hell again. Then she heard their laughter. It was pure of happiness and innocence. Ayako looks like she's having fun cracking jokes and the boys looks happy too.

     Maybe I'm just over thinking?

     “Ka~ga~mi~! Quick!” Ayako calls Kagami's name out loud in a sing along voice with a big wave and a huge smile on her face.