Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

-          Louis’ POV -

Friday Morning:

I laid on my bedroom floor; staring up at the ceiling. I’ve been lying here for hours, just staring blankly at nothing and letting my music drown out everything else. I clenched a fist.

I’m having one of those days, you know? One of those days when even though you know that you have great friends and a loving family, and that everything else in your life is on track; you still feel like you could disappear and that no one would even notice.

One of those days where you feel empty inside; it feels like the world is spinning around you, but you’re not a part of it.

How much of an impact would it really have on everyone else’s lives if I disappeared for a week or so?  It feels like no one would notice... Hell, I’ve been feeling like this for over a year now and no one’s noticed...

I guess that everyone gets this feeling at some point though; although most of us choose to ignore it.

I felt the tears start to form in the corners of my eyes and I let them fall. They don’t even have a reason or purpose; they’re just a solid form of the emptiness that I seem to feel deep down every day. I normally keep this feeling bottled up; trapped in a jar deep within the pit of my stomach, but every now and then, when I’m alone, the lid unscrews itself without any particular reason and this empty feeling finds its way back to the surface.

I turned my music up even louder. That’s what it’s there for anyway, that’s the only reason why I blast it every day; so that for an hour or so, I can forget this feeling. I roll my head to glance over at my alarm clock. It’s 10AM, and I’ve already missed the first two lessons of school, not that it matters; I’m not even planning on going today.

Eventually I sat up from the floor and ran a hand through my hair. I subconsciously glanced over at Liam’s window through my own, only to find that his curtains were drawn. I sighed, and hated myself for doing it.

Why am I so damn disappointed..? It’s not like he’d be interested in talking to me even if he was home, I’ve made sure of that.

I sighed again:

I’ve spent the past week making sure that he doesn’t come close to me, because I know that if he gets any closer; I’ll fall for him. Hard. I’m at that stage where you know that you’re falling for someone; but you refuse to admit it. I refuse to admit it because I know that once I do, I won’t be able to stay away from him.

I eventually pulled myself up off of the floor and made my way downstairs. I ended up watching a movie and I was about to start making lunch for myself when I heard the doorbell ring. I groaned as I made my way over to the door; thinking that it’d be some stupid group trying to convince me to join their religion or cult. I swung the door open; not even bothering to check who it was first, and almost had a heart attack when I saw them standing there:

“Hey Louis!” Niall chimed; adjusting the giant beach ball that he had under his arm.

“Hey Lou.” Harry smirked as he pushed his way past me and into the house. Niall and Liam followed him in and the three of them unloaded their bags onto the floor. Liam smirked up at me:

“Hey.” He said. I bit my lip.

“Hey.” I answered.

Harry led the two of them into the living room where they all collapsed onto the couch and stared up at me; waiting for me to join them. I was beyond confused. It was one in the afternoon on a Friday. They should be at school, what the hell are they doing here?