Fear Street : Let's make a trade

So this is my Fill in the Fear contest entry for R.L Stine.
I'm just recapping what R.L Stine wrote so that my part makes sense..So from the * to the ** is what he wrote...
After that is my 1000 word entry... ( It's actually 998 words..)
Marty, (It wasn't specified if Marty was a male or female..) Veronica, Jillian, Alyson and Marie are his characters and I just added Ella, Camille and Laurel makes an appearance!!!! :D
Feel free to check out my works!!
- Spirits Of The Wild At Heart
- The Blue Shadow In The Depths Of Darkness (COMING SOON!!!)

Thanks,
HPKinggirlFan ( Daphnée )

************************************************************************************************************************

 "I can't believe Alyson is having a party," Jillian said. "Her sister Marie died less than a week ago. What can she be thinking?"

Marty gazed through the windshield, driving slowly on the bumpy country road, nothing but darkness all around. "Maybe she thinks it will cheer her up. But why have a party in a farmhouse so far out of town? Nothing but empty fields for miles."

"My cell phone doesn't even work," Jillian said.

"We're not even her friends," Veronica said from the backseat. "I always thought Alyson didn't like me."

A few minutes later, they were greeted by Alyson at the door to the shabby old house and led into a candlelit front room where three other Shadyside High kids had already gathered.

"I know you all are wondering why you're here," Alyson said. Her face flickered darkly in and out of view in the yellow candlelight. "I won't keep you in suspense."

The teens all drew close to hear better. Alyson spoke in a hushed whisper.

"My sister Marie died last week," she said. "But she isn't gone for good. A woman in my family with special sight told me how to bring Marie back."

"This is crazy," Jillian whispered to Marty. Marty shrugged.

"I just have to make a trade," Alyson continued. "We're going to play a game tonight. A little competition. One of you has to die, you see. One of you has to trade your life for Marie's."

Her face half-hidden in shadow, Alyson gazed around the room. "Who shall it be? Which one of you will die to bring my sister back to me?"

"I'm out of here!" Marty cried. "Let's go!"

"Please don’t think you can escape from our game," Alyson said. "Your phones don’t work here, and there's no one around for miles and miles. I can't wait to see Marie again. So let's get this party started. Shall I explain the rules?"

************************************************************************************************************************

(Here's what I wrote..)

Marty shrank back to the floor with Jillian and Veronica, all holding onto one another with fright.
Alyson said “I’m so sorry, but don’t worry, It’ll all be okay,” she smiled sickly sweet, almost proudly too “Do as we tell you or Die. That’s it, just one rule!”

“Who’s “we”?” Veronica squeaked looking around the room. The farmhouse, was miles away from any kind of civilization. The walls had dried mold on them, the decorations were faded and the furnisher outdated. The only warmth and lighting provided came from candles that littered the small room and the fireplace that stood tall and proud in it’s center. Despite that and the proximity of her friends, Goosebumps crept up on Veronica’s small frame as her gaze travelled to the 6 dolls staring wide-eyed upon the fireplace mantel. Lightning struck near the barn and the wind rattled the windows, feeding the fear in the pits of everyone’s stomachs.

“Divide yourselves in pairs of two. Here are the clues.” Alyson said
Veronica and Jillian clung to each other, so Marty crawled over to a girl sitting alone in a corner.
As Marty drew closer, she recognised the girl as Laurel, she was rocking herself saying “She’s crazy. Her sister’s just died, she’s in denial. Yeah that must be it...”

Alyson walked from pair to pair smiling like a banshee and handing them their clue. When she got to Laurel and Marty, her smile widened even further and she resembled the Grinch.
“The two smarty-pants together in one team, great! This is the clue the spirits gave me and I want to make sure I got it right.” Alyson said
The mention of spirits unsettled Marty as she took the clue from Alyson’s outstretched hand and read it. “Let’s make a trade. To see your sister again, you must sacrifice a life, a life that is the equivalent of hers.”  Marty and Laurel looked at one another with looks of confusion. The others had already gathered together and looked just as puzzled as the two girls who joined them.

Jillian, Marty, Ella and Camille, the others who had been invited to their doom, had gone on a hunt to find the ingredients for the spell to supposedly sacrifice a life for Marie’s. Laurel sat by the fire holding the clue she received, Veronica was pulling out pots and ladles. As the minutes ticked by, Alyson’s smile started to fade into an ugly frown upon her face. 

Just then the quad walked back to the house and dumped the contents on the floor.
Veronica was the first to shake off her fear as she thrived to get out of the barn that would haunt her dreams. “I was beginning to think you had found a way to escape.” Alyson said
Marty shrugged and looked at the others “Believe me, we tried. We didn’t get far when we realized our cars weren’t starting…” she said

As they all stood by the fire watching the contents of the pot that glowed orange beneath the flames, Alyson paced back and forth watching the huddled group like a hawk. Veronica who noticed Alyson’s impatience got angry; here they all were bending over backwards for a crazy lady. “Can you stop breathing down our necks?! “ She snapped
“Move faster, it’s not all that complicated!” Alyson fired back
“We’re not obligated to help you.” Veronica said
 Alyson spluttered incredulously “Of course you have to! I’m making you, do or die.”

Veronica made the mistake of scoffing and rolling her eyes at Alyson.
Which was like feeding oxygen to the flames, motivating Alyson to grab one of the dolls off the mantel and pull it’s leg. An ear splitting scream erupted from Laurel’s throat as she fell to the floor clutching her leg. Her scream echoed out to the empty miles that surrounded the farmhouse and then the house went deadly silent for a minute.
Alyson looked regretful as she said “Now, look what you’ve made me do!”
Jumping to her feet and rushing to Laurel’s side, Veronica cried out “I’m sorry! So sorry Laurel!”
“It’s okay, I- it wasn’t-t you-your fault…” Laurel stammered perspiration already rising through her pores. “Come on, ladies!” Alyson whined before going to blow out all the candles.
Humming, Alyson swayed on her feet and produced a pendulum out of nowhere.

Alyson dipped the pendulum in the potion filled pot and continued to hum as she passed by the girls that stood together. Jillian’s eyes rolled back in her head, and she swayed to the music like sounds that escaped Alyson’s lips.  “Jillian?” Ella called out to her
“Jillian don’t touch that!!!” Marty exclaimed, but it was too late, Jillian was well under the pendulum’s spell and already had it nestled around her neck. “You are the chosen one. You will be the sacrifice.” Alyson said laughing “What kind of sorcery is this?!” Camille shrieked
The other five Shadyside high students watched helplessly as Jillian was served the potion. Seconds later, Jillian collapsed to the floor, after ingesting the concoction.

Alyson stopped laughing as suddenly as she had started. “No!” she said falling to her knees
“This is not how it’s supposed to work.” She was pulling at her hair in frustration and Marty realized just how crazy Alyson had become. Breaking the silence, Laurel said “It wasn’t going to work anyways… No one can overcome death. The clue said to make a sacrifice the equivalent of your sister’s life, to see her again. You and Marie were twins, two halves of an ovum. If you sacrificed yourself, you’d see Marie in the afterlife.”

This situation was starting to make some sense, Marty thought.
Before anyone could stop her, Alyson had grabbed a knife and plunged it through what was left of her heart. “Thank you” She whispered
The flames caught the glint in the blade that stood protruding from Alyson’s limp body and the farmhouse went deadly quiet for the third time this night.