Chapter Four- Meeting Colin

The slideshow in the external link is the werecat pride plus Colin in their animal forms. Again, they aren't perfect. Cats were made here: http://www.azaleasdolls.com/feline.html Colin was made here: http://www.dolldivine.com/wolf-maker.php Enjoy the Story!

She brought me to a closed door, and left. I had told her that I’d wanted to talk to him alone, but now that she had left I was regretting it. After a quick breath, I knocked on the door. There was noises from behind it as someone tried to get to the door, and then Colin appeared before me.

“Katrina? Look, I’m so sorry. It-” He began, then realizing it would be awkward to talk about it in the doorway, stopped and invited me inside, “Um… why don’t you come in and I’ll explain.” I stepped into his room with a stride, and Colin shut the door. He went out in front of me to clean up his mess from whatever he’d been doing before I’d come by. Once his books and things were cleared out of the way, he sat down on his bed and gestured for me to do the same.

“I’m fine over here. Begin explaining.” I wasn’t going to let him tell me what to do. He wasn’t in charge of me. He had explaining to do. If he was so sorry about doing it, then why had he done it in the first place? He stared at the floor as if the floor was telling him what excuses he should give me. With a sigh, he responded without looking up.

“I didn’t know he was going to do that, and even if I did, there’s nothing I could have done about it. He’s the Alpha, and the Alpha’s command is law. It’s not something we can control. It’s why I kidnapped you. He’d told me to, so I’d had to. I know you probably don’t understand. You cats are so lucky to not have to deal with that. It sucks to have your free will taken away from you, because the Alpha gave you a command.” There was a moment of silence as I thought about what he’d said. I felt bad as I realized that I‘d thought he’d been lying about feeling sorry for me. Of course he couldn’t disobey the Alpha. It was physically impossible.

It just didn’t make sense to me that he would care about me. He was, after all, a werewolf. It only made sense for me to assume this. I walked over to his bed, sat next to him, and looked over at him. He didn’t, however, seem to want to look at me. Did he feel upset for me? I tried to convince myself that that couldn’t be true. He was a dog. He wasn’t capable of caring for anyone outside his own species. Well, maybe that wasn’t true for all of them. Lucy seemed to be being pretty nice to me, but maybe she just liked to talk.Colin did seem nice though. Maybe he was feeling the weird feeling too.

It was strange, but I wanted to comfort him, and tell him that it was okay, even though it wasn’t. I was being forced to stay his prisoner until I agreed to marry him, and that wasn’t okay, but he hadn’t had a choice in it, and he felt sorry. That had to be why he was upset, unless that Alpha had more plans against me, which wouldn’t surprise me, considering who I knew him to be. Whatever the reason, he clearly felt bad about the situation I had been put into. I couldn’t be mad at him. I couldn’t not love him, and that wasn’t because he seemed to feel sorry for me, but because my cat was being stupid, and kept telling me that he was my mate. I couldn’t even control my hand as it rested on his.

His head slowly came up, and our eyes met.

“I don’t know what I can do for you. I’m sorry.” He confessed. I began nodding, but changed to shaking my head.

“No, no, it’s okay. I mean, getting married isn’t terrible. It doesn’t really have to mean anything. We just have some ceremony, and I go on with my life like it never happened, right?” He nodded his head a little slowly, understanding but not fully convinced.

“But, what about when you want to get married to someone that you actually love?” Star called out to me that he was someone that we actually loved, but I ignored her. He was right. Someday I might actually want to get married, when I’d found someone I truly loved, my actual mate, but I didn’t have to worry about that yet.