six

"Ah, it's raining" Kageyama said as he opened his eyes, through the small window he could see that it was pouring outside, but the leaves above him protected him from everything.

He stretched his legs, felt nice to sleep lying down without being afraid of being eaten by an animal. The ground, even though hard, was way more inviting than a tree branch.

By the shut entrance,  he could see a banana and what seemed like a bowl of water. Hinata, on the other hand, was nowhere to be seen.

Kageyama quickly grabbed the bowl and brought it up to the window, the water inside was rather clear. The fear of drinking contaminated water was always lingering in Kageyama's head, he knew he would have to eventually, but right now he felt like enjoying a bowl of very smooth and cold water.

Peeking outside, Kageyama still couldn't see Hinata. It was raining way too hard, but perhaps Hinata was already used to it. His makeshift pool had overflown, but the fish weren't escaping. To be honest, it all seemed like a dream.

Kageyama had a hard time believing he was still alive in such a dangerous place.  He had a dream at night, he dreamt of his home, his comfortable bed, his friends back in Japan who were looking forward to his comeback. He couldn't help but wonder how they will feel once Kageyama is announced missing...

The more he looked around, the more Kageyama realized that Hinata had not been living in this place for that long. The path around the hut was still fresh, the ground around was still soft and not stepped on, the leaves that protected Kageyama from the rain were still as green as ever.

He quickly took off his shirt and stepped outside, allowing the raindrops hit his bare skin. It felt refreshing, like a mild shower. Now that he was outside, he took a better look and from the corner of his eye he saw him - Hinata, digging something.

Kageyama walked closer to the boy only to find him digging around small trees and pulling out weird roots. They resembled Amaranth roots, but Kageyama wasn't too sure. His speciality was animals,  not plants.

Hinata turned to him and smiled brightly, he pointed at the roots he had dug up and waved his dirt covered hands. Truly, humans are social creatures.

"Do you have difficulty speaking? Is that why you don't talk?" Kageyama asked, he watched as Hinata turned away from him and frowned. His eyes filled with unimaginable sadness. "Do you understand me at least? You don't have to speak.."

Hinata nodded slowly just a second later and continued digging through mud. Kageyama sighed loudly, what mattered was that Hinata understands him. Staying in the jungle alone for such an long time, not a surprise he forgot how to speak.

Heavy raindrops continued hitting Kageyama's skin, but he didn't care. His eyes were focused on Hinata and the way he worked. He would gently push the ground away from the roots and pull them out with utmost care.

This boy.. he loved the nature. Honestly,  Kageyama wasn't surprised. The jungle welcomed Hinata with opened arms and gave him everything he needed for survival - it was his home. He probably knew every tree around the area, every bird, every butterfly.

When Kageyama came back to his senses, he noticed that the rain had stopped and the dark clouds were drifting away. Judging from the sun, it was around midday. He watched as Hinata stood up and looked up to the sky, he stretched his hand out and smiled once again, ah, that infectious smile.

Kageyama looked at himself for just a second, he was covered in mud, his beautiful nails were no longer clean, but it didn't matter.

Ray's of sunshine broke through the clouds and fell onto the trees above them both. "What are you going to do with the hole you dug?" Kageyama asked as he turned around and picked up the roots they had found.

Hinata pointed at green smooth leaves, then at rain water that had gathered on top of them. "So, you're going to collect rain water? Smart idea!" Kageyama said excitedly. Not going to lie, he did watch a lot of survival videos.

Before Kageyama could say anything else, he saw movement in the trees nearby. Hinata didn't seem to care, so perhaps it was okay, but Kageyama had paranoia issues so he kept glancing at the trees, waiting for something to come out. Hinata must have noticed his weird behaviour, so he walked closer to Kageyama and let out a high pitched whistle.

Three, four,  eight.. no,  twelve, beautiful parrots peeked through the big leaves before flying towards Hinata. One of them landed on his hand, it was definitely the Hyacinth Macaw - one of the most beautiful birds that Kageyama had ever laid his eyes on. The beautiful blue feathers practically sparkled in the sunlight, but it's claws were not digging into Hinata's skin, as a matter of fact, the macaw seemed to be very gentle.

"You tamed the birds?" Kageyama asked as he took a step forward. Hinata simply turned to him and stretched out his arm with the macaw on it, it quickly hoped onto Kageyama's arm. At that point Kageyama had an internal emotional meltdown - he was enjoying himself.

.
.
.
.
.
.
....

Me and my mom listened to a playlist full of older songs and we had a blast

Anyway my cat keeps hurting me but I love him TT

Hope you enjoyed!

Tari.

Hyacinth Macaw below vvvvvvvvv