two

"Mmm... smells like dust" Kageyama said as he  stepped out of a vehicle.

The trip was more than exhausting. His flight was longer than he expected because apparently there were troubles with the weather. Then he had to wait extra for his guide to arrive and THEN he had to sit in a bus full of annoying tourists to get to his destination.

While the sweaty tourists  got their cameras ready and went into the jungle on the main path, Kageyama met up with the research group who welcomed his warmly, even offered his traditional food.

"So, Kageyama Tobio, right?" A girl asked as she approached Kageyama.

"Huh? Yeah? You speak japanese?" Kageyama raised an eyebrow, he felt a tad relieved that he won't need to use his terrible English skills, but still.. what was a japanese person doing here?

"Yes! My name is Mayumi! I've been with this research group for two years now!" Mayumi held out her hand. "It's nice to finally have someone who I can talk to on the team"

"Ah, nice to meet you." Kageyama said awkwardly. All he wanted was to stay quiet in a corner by himself and think about what he was going to do, not communicate with someone. Being social is terrible.

"I hope we become great friends, partner! Oh, the leader was asking if you're gonna go to the jungle today, or if you're gonna rest" Mayumi smiled. For once, some good news. So, he's allowed to go immediately, huh.

"I'll go today, please tell him that" Kageyama sighed as he watched Mayumi skip away happily. He quickly left the main room and headed into the room he was given.

If he's going to go today, he should get ready. Into the pockets of his "very special jungle suit" he put big repellant, a flashlight, additional batteries. He also took a small bag with him, carrying a camera, water, healthy nutritious bars and a small box for specimens.

"Kageyama, the boss said th--- oh you're ready already?" Mayumi raised an eyebrow as she watched Kageyama finish putting his hat on.

"Yes. What did he say?" Kageyama asked. The quicker Mayumi says what she wants to say, the sooner he'll go into the jungle.

"All he said is that you should get into proper clothes, but you already did that I guess" Mayumi laughed nervously. She didn't expect Kageyama to walk past her completely unphased.

He quickly waved to everyone and went outside, he had been waiting for this. The research team had their own special path into the jungle, one away from the tourists, but to reach it Kageyama had to drive a four-wheeler for around 40 minutes.

Only, but massive mistake - he was supposed to go into the path marked with yellow tape. Yellow tape means that it's a secure path and that it's easy to find a way out. Instead, he went into a path marked with black tape.

Here's a break down of tapes:

Green means that the path is so easy to locate that even a toddler could go in aka the tourist path.

Yellow means that it's a Research Team Approved™ path.

Orange means that it still needs to be explored, but is safe.

Red means that the path is unsafe and easy to stray away from.

Black tape means that it's a newly discovered path, no one knows anything about it. As a matter of fact, there isn't even a path. It's just an entrance into an unknown part of the jungle, and Kageyama being a bad listener that he is decided that the black taped path was his best option.

The fact that there wasn't a clear path or any tape on trees didn't phase him at all, he was so into his thoughts that he forgot all of the safety precautions.

And so, Kageyama walked and walked, and walked for minutes, looking around and inspecting every tiny creature he came across. To his utmost happiness, he spotted a golden lion tamarin on one of the branches. He immediately took out his camera and started snapping pictures of it.

He probably would have turned around and left if not the sounds coming from above him. His eyes glimmered with happiness as he watched a large group of Macaw's fly. And so, being a idiotic nerd that he is, he blindly followed the birds, waiting till they landed on trees, so he could take a picture of their magnificent colorful feathers.

Kageyama didn't know how long he walked, all he knew that sky turned from blue to reddish and the parrots finally settled down on tall Brazilian Nut Tree (god this name is so funny to me).

"Finally. It feels like I have been following them for hours" Kageyama laughed nervously and looked at his clock. The last time he checked it, it was 14:09 PM, it should be around 3 PM now. Shouldn't it?

21:34.

"Fuck" Kageyama whispered as he looked around. Stupid birds made him lost.

Stupid Kageyama got lost because he's a nerd who loves parrots.

.
.
.
.
.
.
....

Poor Kags but hey omg action is starting, now we're getting into the story.

- Tari.