ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟻: ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɴsғᴇʀ

~Time skip! The next day~

Y/N's POV

After Yuu and I left our dorms in the morning, we met up to walk to class together. I had a carton of strawberry milk in my hand, casually taking my time to sip and savor it.

As both of us slowly stroll down the hallway, I started thinking about how life was before all of the catastrophic madness began. In the morning I would hear the faint chirping of birds to greet us a good morning, golden sunshine rays giving us a warm embrace. The trees swayed, making a rustling noise. The surroundings were peaceful and calm. It made our hearts at ease and refreshed, to start a new day.

But now, what greets us are blasted ruins. The Earth's beautiful wilderness is now gone. The one thing we didn't appreciate enough is now gone.

I wondered, how was I like before I entered the Orphanage?Was I shy?Or perhaps a bully?I would be lying if I said I was totally fine without knowing my past.The feeling of not knowing certain things about yourself and losing memories of the past was enough to frighten me.It was Yuu and the rest who assured me that I was still the person that I am today.But is that really the case?Could it be that I had amnesia?Or perhaps something sinister like having my memories wiped out clean?

As an overwhelming surge of emotions ruled over, my head suddenly starts to throb in pain. My vision starts to become hazy. I couldn't hear anything other than a continuous ringing in my left ear. What was happening?

I failed to stand and clung onto anything, hoping I would not lose my footing.

"Y/N, are you alright? What's wrong?" Yuu had concern and panic written over his face.

"I...I just feel a bit dizzy. I'll be alri-"

*THUMP*

"Y/N!"

--------------------------------------------------

~Flashback~

......

"Don't worry Naru. It will be quick. Just follow the young gentleman in the white coat. He is going to help you get cured." Our house mother soothed our brother, who seemed to broke down into tears.

"I don't wanna you old hag!" Naru threw a tantrum.

"You have to, to get better so you can be healthy again! It is just a shot. It doesn't feel like anything."

"I don't want to! Just leave me alone old hag!"

Our house mother was clearly terribly irritated. Naru was the belligerent type, always getting into trouble and was just plain hostile. But the worst part is that our house mother was an irascible woman. She had a clear disdain for disobedient children.

In the heat of the moment, she grabbed Naru's arm and dragged him out, with Naru shouting and trying to escape by scratching and kicking, hoping our house mother would lose her grip. The door shut but I decided to follow them surreptitiously.

As I followed, I see them entering the wooden shack and then opening a hidden door, which opened a pathway to some laboratory that we have never seen. They took Naru and strapped him down with a straight jacket, stuffing cloth in his mouth and taking a strange needle filled with suspicious substance. They injected it in him and he slowly slurred his words, eventually closing his eyes. I was shaken by what happened right before my eyes. I definitely didn't want to end up like Naru, so I turned a blind eye and convinced myself that if I listened and abide by her rules, I would be alright.

After that, Naru was never to be seen again.

The day that the outbreak of the unknown virus began was the day I swore to myself that I would get to the bottom of this. To unravel the truth that the elders have been prevaricating for a long time. To find out what is really going on. I had suspicions whether the orphanage was related to the apocalypse or the Four Horsemen Of John. Were they a harbinger of world destruction?