Ch 1- Home Sweet Home

Giana ~ 

Home sweet home. I looked around my newly furnished apartment in my dream city of Miami, Florida. I remember as a kid, coming here for vacation and telling my grandmother that one day, I  was going to live here. 10 years later and here I finally am! 

In May I graduated from the Fashion Institute of Technology in Manhattan, New York with my degree in fashion design. From a young age I knew I wanted to be a fashion designer but I didn't realize my passion for menswear design until my last year at college. That is my second reason for being here in Miami- Suits by Marx, Miami. This line of menswear has been my goal since and I am here to pursue it. Luckily, my step-dad is good friends with the owner of Suits by Marx and helped land me an interview for the company here in Miami. 

~ Next morning: 

I woke up bright and early to prepare for my interview at 10 am. I took a long, hot shower, made myself breakfast, even used a face-mask, and took my time preparing my hair and makeup. Finally, I slipped my heels on and made my way downstairs to my car. I kept my drive quiet, to prepare myself mentally now. 

I starred up at the tall glass building in front of me. It's now or never- you got this. I took the elevator to the 12th floor and introduced myself to the receptionist, "Hi, I'm Giana Graham. I'm here for my interview with Adrian Marx at 10 am." I gave her a soft smile. "Yes, I will let him know you are here. Have a seat," she returned the soft smile back. It only took a few moments before I saw a tall, olive skin-toned man make himself present in front of me. "Adrian," he reached his hand out to me. I accepted, "Giana Graham, it's nice to meet you." He gestured for me to follow him and led me down a long hallway. We approached large double doors, in which he opened and let me go in first. He took his seat at the desk and I took one that sat in front of him.

"So your mother is married to Angel Rivera?" his voice was blunt and sharp. I hesitated, "Yes sir."  He nodded his head for a second. "Good man." I nodded my head in agreement. "He seems to think a woman would be fit for a job like this." I furrowed my brows, "Yes sir, I am hardworking, goal-orientated, and my passion for menswear is what will keep me going and thriving in this industry." He scoffed at my comment. "Do you not believe a woman should be working for you?" Adrian leaned toward me, "You see Giana, it doesn't matter what I think. What matters is that my father believes we need a woman at this location and because of your dad, you are that woman now. You start tomorrow at 8 am- if you can't keep up, I will not hesitate to replace you." Following his statement he pointed for me to exit through the doors. 

I left in shock- what just happened? I got the job but not the way I wanted to. I turned back around and entered his office once more. I shut the door behind me and came face-to-face with an intimidating Adrian. "I graduated top of my class. I had job offers from other designers before I even graduated. I've been designing since I was a little girl and I can assure you that I work ten-times harder than you ever have. So, yes I will see you tomorrow morning at 8 am but if I were you, I'd be prepared for what I'm about to bring to this company." I exited the office for the last time. Leaning against the doors, I took a deep breathe. What did I just do? 

I finally returned home, still stunned from what I said to Adrian before finally leaving. Suddenly my phone buzzed. I reached for it inside my purse and saw it was a message from Adrian? 
Mr. Marx: meeting at 9 a.m. with a private client for his wedding. come with ideas drawn up to present to him and his groomsmen. do not disappoint me Giana. 
I immediately sat down at my desk and got to work for the remainder of my evening. This is what I have been waiting for. 

Super short intro chapter but I hope you like it! I'm in the process of revamping and revising the story so please bare with me. I promise that the chapters will get longer but in the mean time, don't forget to comment and like so I know you guys are enjoying this new and improved story line! I will be adding chapter 2 V E R Y soon so keep on eye out for that.
  - Samantha <3