Chapter 1: Soft Broccoli

Start from the beginning

"S-sure thing!" I stuttered as I blushed again. I know I'm gay, I've known since I was a kid. But I'm to socially awkward to not blush at cute guys! 

I began to work on his smoothie since I was technically the only one here at the moment, well except for the guy standing in the store. 

"I saw how you handled that kid, it was cute," He said and I blushed more but luckily, my head was turned. 

"I-I guess," I said unsure what else to say. We were silent till I finished and handed it to him. 

"Here you go!" I smiled and he nodded as a thank you before leaving. I watched through the window as he walked across the street to his car. What are you doing Izuku? Stop being creepy! I thought to myself and shakes my head out of the thought.

*******

"Midoriya, What are you still doing here?" I look up after mumbling to myself about some homework I was doing at the moment and saw my boss coming into the store. "It's gotten dark, shouldn't you already be at home?" I looked at my watch, confused. It was 10:35! Holy Narks! 

"Oh man! My mom is going to be worried sick!" I said and grab my jacket, "Thank you for telling me, I guess!" I hurried out and began walking home. 

The streets were silent and I didn't feel too sure about being out that late. Most people only traveled with their cars this late but with all these attacks some are too scared to even do that! I was jumping at every sound that was made in the big city. I was pretty far from home and I was praying that whoever was behind the attacks decided to take a nap or something! 

"You're good Midoriya," I mumbled to myself. "You are a mean green fighting machine! You could take out any bad guy!" I tried to convince myself, "Who am I kidding? I'm nothing but a marshmallow! I don't even have a quirk. I might be smart enough to get out of a situation and run but where would I go? I'm pretty far from home and I'm not really fast either so they would just catch up to me, so maybe I could hide after I run. But who knows how strong this guy is. Maybe he has a speed quirk, that wouldn't be good. Even with normal speed I'm slow compared to other, thanks to my little corgi legs! Maybe if something happens I could-" I hear footsteps behind me and then a hand on my shoulder. 

"WAAAHHH!" I jumped with my arms flaring around to block my head I look up and see a familiar face. "Oh," I calm down and take a deep breath. "You scared me." He smiled as I placed a hand over my racing heart. The cute guy from the shop earlier today looked just as surprised to see me as I was to see him. 

"Sorry," I said and took a step back. I smiled up to him showing I was okay. "What are you doing out this late?" I asked. He had a blank expression and look down at me slightly. 

"What are you doing out this late?" He turned the question back on me. 

"Oh, I...uh... lost track of time at work." I scratched the back of my head nervously. He nodded understandably. "W-What about you?" I asked, slightly nervous. 

"It's quiet so I decided to take a walk." I nodded to him and leaned onto my tippy toes nervously. 

"Isn't it, uh, unsafe?" I asked, but he just shrugged his shoulders. 

"I can take care of myself. What about you, don't you think it's unsafe?" I looked at the ground. 

"Well yeah, but I don't really have a choice." I kicked a rock at my feet before I looked up at him. 

"How about I walk you to your destination, it'll be safer that way." I smiled brightly. 

"Sure!" We walked side by side and I felt awkward in the silence. "Maybe I could start up a conversation. I can do that! But what would I talk about? I don't know how to be social. Maybe I could ask about the weather? No, that's more awkward than being silent. I could-" 

"You could mutter for five minutes to catch my attention." He said and I was startled. 

"Oh God!" I blushed, embarrassed as I covered my face with my hands. "I'm sorry I tend to mutter when I'm nervous and it often leads to talking out loud when I think I'm just thinking so I don't really think anyone can hear me and I'll just go on and on for hours. In fact, there was this one time I was-" 

"You're doing it again." My face was now to color of a tomato. 

"Sorry." I said and my head dropped to look at the ground. 

"It's alright." I didn't look up but I heard a smiling tone in his voice. 

"I'm Midoriya, by the way." I say as I finally picked something to say.

"It's nice to meet you." He said and I looked up to see if he had intended to tell me his name, but I got no response out of him. Great, more silence. 

"So, Midoriya," He said and I stared at him waiting to hear what he was going to say. "What's your quirk?" He said staring up a conversation. He turned to look at me waiting for my answer but I just turned away nervously. 

"I, uh, don't have one." I kicked a rock by my foot and watched it roll into the gutter of the streets. 

"It's bold of you to be walking the streets at night then." I chuckled a bit. 

"I guess." I looked up and saw him staring at me but I smiled to him. 

"You smile a lot." He commented. I looked down at the ground a little pink and my smile went a way slowly. 

"Sorr-." 

"I like it." He said in the same tone as all his words. I smiled down at the ground, happy. "So I guess all I have left to say now is, I'm sorry." Sorry? Sorry for what? I was about to asked but before I could even look up at him I felt something small and sharp go through my neck and I fell over, unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THAT'S THE FIRST CHAPTER BITCHES!

We post on Mondays (USA) 

This story is by NerdyWordy with some help from my partner Lucy. Incase you don't know this account is joined together with two others. NerdyWordy (that's me), Lucy, and Tweety 

Tweety is our editor so big hand to her for trying to make this perfect for all of you! If we missed anything please say something we will fix it as soon as we can. Lucy will write our NSFW content so when that comes up I will be sure to let you know. 

I hope you enjoyed and will continue reading. Please comment and vote! (even you ghost readers! That's right I see you!) 

LATER ASSHOLES!