23.

Alexandrina woke up with a gasp

Alexandrina woke up with a gasp. Her chest, heaving and sweat coating her forehead.

The dream of Cedric lifeless in a graveyard was haunting her memory once again.

It was the third time since Cedric and her started preparing for his final task, and every time she would wake up in a jolt, not being able to sleep again.

At first she disregarded it, thinking it was her fears of losing him haunting her dreams, but as the days went by and they became more vivid Alexandrina was growing far more paranoid.

She needed to do something about it now.

In two days, Cedric would be entering the treacherous maze, the hardest task of the three. He would be risking his life for a title he did not care for anymore, but had to participate in anyway. And Alexandrina wanted nothing more, but to make sure he finished this last task safe and sound. He had to come back to her.

Robotically, Alexandrina got out of her bed and walked out of the Common Room.

She walked back and forth three times in front of an empty wall, and went into the door that appeared.

An identical copy of the potions classroom appeared and she immediately got to work.

She had been trying to create a potion that could withstand even the worst curses, brainstorming in all her classes for ingredients and spells. She knew it had never been done before, and that she may not achieve a potion strong enough to withstand even the worst curses, but she had to try.

It was all on parchment, she had never tested any of her ideas yet, but Alexandrina felt like her most recent calculation was the closest she would get. She had a good feeling about it, and under the circumstances, that feeling was worth a hundred.

Alexandrina was in a different space, she wasn't in control of herself in this moment, but she wasn't trying to stop it. Cedric was the only thing on her mind.

Belladonna. Mandrake Root. Dittany. Fluxweed.

She was adding all sorts of ingredients into the cauldron in front of her, Cedric's beautiful smile playing in loop in her mind.

Unicorn Blood. Galanthus Nivalis. Hellbore. Moondew.

He was driving her, Alexandrina had to save him.

It must have been hours, for when she finally snapped out of her trance and stared at the concoction in front of her, daylight was breaking through underneath the door concealing her.

She flicked her wand skillfully, making sure her movements were graceful and precise. She couldn't afford to make mistakes.

A small smile played on her face as she looked at the deep blue substance in front of her. Picking up the vile next to her she used her ladle and poured some of the potion in, watching it enter like silk. Alexandrina stuffed the vile into the pocket of her robe, and quickly left, trying to get back into the Slytherin Common Room before everyone woke up for the day of classes.