The Dark Slayer Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

I ripped it open to see a letter slowly float to the ground.

I fell on my knees and picked up the paper and started to read,

Dear my beautiful daughter,

I have avoided writing this letter for quite some time, and it was selfish for me to do so. You are growing into a young and beautiful woman and it is time that I realize that. I do not wish for you to grow up so quickly because that would mean I would have to loose you so quickly as well...But I have come to learn that you are maturing more and growing wiser each day. Which means you are wise and strong enough to take my words. I understand you have responsibilities of your own to see through tonight and I will not stop you because I know you will do what is right, just like I know you always do. I'm sure you have heard of The Prophecy of The Dark Slayer from Melinda Dawn, the gown you wear is proof of it and it was something I prayed for you to never hear. Please understand, I only wished to protect you from Fate's hand. I had made sure that only a few knew of The Prophecy, that it never was spoken a word around you. The slayers believed that this Dark Slayer was a beacon in these dark times...A savior to humanity....Of course I knew it was you. Claude knew it was you. We all knew it would be you, but the path of this Slayer is a dark, lonely, and soul-destroying one. But you do have a choice, sweetheart. You can choose the path you wish to walk on. Fate gives you a choice and I will respect your choice no matter what it comes down to. I will always love you Abria, that will never change. Inside this box, is your choice. I want you to wear this tonight, if I never see you after this night I wanted you to have it. I planned on giving it to you when you were 18, but I see no better time fit then now. In the end, it will give you a choice.

Sincerely,

Your Father.

With trembling hands, I softly dropped the paper next to the ancient box.

I was really The Dark Slayer then...If my father knew...if Claude knew...If the whole clan knew....Then it must have been true. But could I really become that unholy dark being?

"But isn't that the being you've become? A being driven by only never-ending hate towards the species that killed your own brother...Don't you want to kill all the vampires that plauge this Earth?" The voice whispered mockingly.

Yes...I want them all dead for the pain they've caused me...For the pain they've caused in so many others; For the souls they've stolen away as they drank every last drop of life from them to satisfy their own selfish desires...

But can I really start a war?

Will I be able to live with myself knowing that I led this bloody massacre?

Will I be able to do the impossible and kill the Heir to the Vamperic Throne and avenge the thousands of lives he cut short?

Why does the very thought of this send my blood cold?

Why?

"Maybe you're not as cold-hearted as you thought you were...Maybe a piece inside you knows that there is forgiveness in even the deepest and unspent of hatreds...." The voice's words echoed in a undying silence.

"Maybe even because deep down you know that even if you do kill Kasper Varn...It can never truly bring your brother back...It will only make you as soul-less and as damned as they are..."

A sudden loud buzzing snapped me out of my thoughts as I jumped and looked over my shoulder to see my IPhone vibrating like crazy on my bed.

I walked over to the bed, and picked it up to see I got a text message from Jake.