The Dark Slayer Chapter 2

Chapter 2

{Stand In The Rain by Superchick)

"There has to be another treatment! Something! Anything!" I yelled at the bloody doctor, Tears already threatening to escape down my eyes.

I didn't want to loose her too...

I couldn't loose her too.

I've lost too much.

I've lived through too much.

The only reason I'm standing right here is because of that girl. She is the only person that has ever pulled me through the storms of hell and brought me back safely.

I closed my eyes remembering for that split second.

She was always there for me, even when she was suppose to be at the hospital for chemo she had skipped it and pratically begged her parents and her doctors to let her go to Claude's funeral. I was so close to giving up everything.

So close to leaving this world and wanting to be reunited with my brother.

I was in the bathroom of the funeral home, laid on the peach tiled floor in a black tight dress, with my brown hair tied in a bun with strands of it falling out of place as I bowed my head down with a black-handled scissor pointed at the blue vein that was popping out of my wrist.

It was so tempting...So easy..

One or two long slices of flesh and a river of blood can end it all...

I wouldn't have to deal with all this misery....

The heavy weight of greif that that was crushing me would disappear..

This...existience...It would end.

Yes.. that's what it was...existience...

When you're living you feel something..You feel alive. You feel hope, joy, happiness,sadness, depression, greif, pain,  you feel anything.

That was the thing though...I couldn't feel anything.

I felt numb.

I felt heartless.

I wasn't living...I was just existing...A soild object of reality without emotion.

Just existing...

I pressed the sharp end of the scissor into the skin , letting it brush against the vein , feeling the sting, the warning that is screaming at me to stop there, but I finally was in control of something. No one could stop me. I felt control and power for once. I was able to control the pain I felt at that moment. I was in control of something in my life. I wasn't able to control what happened to Claude and the aftermath of it, but I was able to control this. I was able to feel relief in this release. I let the sliver mix with the red as I slid it down my wrist letting the trail of blood slither down my wrist. I leaned my head back embracing the pain.  

Just one more cut, and it will all end.

Then I can see my big brother again.

I smiled softly at the thought of seeing Claudyy again.

I presed the scissor's sharp end deeper into my skin, taking in every piece of pain it gladly gave me as I took it without complaint.

I didn't even notice that the door had been bursted open.

 "Abria!!"

My eyes shot open as I looked at the doorway to see Lily, her black hair gone from all those treatments that took so much from her just to save her, wearing a black dress with tights, she looked so pale, probably paler than any vamp I have ever slain, and that was saying something. Her eyes were wide with worry, and she dropped to her knees frequently looking around for something to stop the bleeding. I just watched as she despretely looked for a towel, already feeling my vision starting to blur.