One More, Please! (Nutty x Sniffles) 2k-2.5k

Nutty had his eye on the candy shop since four in the morning, each day he would wake up ridiculously early just to get the best candy first, he was always first. He sat on a bench adjacent to the store for three and a half hours before it opened and waited for Sniffles to walk into the shop before he went in after him. Nutty had the biggest crush on Sniffles but professionally hid it from everyone at all times; what would his friends think of him if they knew he was crushing on another boy? He was scared to confront Sniffles but always tried to drop hints, he didn't know any other way to ask him out.
Nutty really wanted to take Sniffles out for ice cream at the parlor down the road, just to spend a day alone with Sniffles would be enough for him but he doubted Sniffles felt the same way in the end.  Nutty ordered what he always did, Green Apple cotton candy with sugared walnut pieces in mixed with the sugary mush that is heated caramel. Nutty paid and skipped outside back to his bench, he tried not to stalk but he couldn't help it; he just wanted Sniffles to notice him. As he sat, eating his sugary mush, he noticed something was off with Sniffles. Sniffles was spacing out a lot more than he usually did; in fact, Sniffles hardly zoned out while on the job. Nutty wondered what Sniffles could possibly be thinking about when the sugar rush hit him. He gulped down the rest of the mush and giggled, his eyes seemed to shake in their sockets, his whole body vibrated with adrenaline, and he was off.
This happened each and every morning, Nutty would go crazy on sugar, do two laps around the outskirts of the town, and then come back to his bench where he would sit and imagine what kinds of things he would say to Sniffles if he ever got the chance to say anything to him at all. He saw Sniffles spacing out on another customer, someone who was short and pink; Nutty assumed it was Giggles. He watched as she shouted something and waved her hands in front of Sniffles' face but Sniffles didn't seem to reply not care.
The next day, it was the same, Sniffles slacked on his job while Nutty lapped around the town before sitting quietly and practicing lines in his head while slowly gaining courage. Then the day came, Nutty felt confident and knew that today was the day to ask Sniffles on a date. He marched into the store with his head held high at seven thirty in the morning and Sniffles smiled, halfway through the process of making the mush Nutty loved. Nutty politely declined.
"I need to talk to you, " he said, trying to keep that same confidence but failing.
"About what, " Sniffles asked politely.
"I wanted to-- I wanted-" he blushed, his cheeks turned a deep red and his face felt hot; he hung his head and tried not to make eye contact. "Um, " he stuttered and tripped over his words for a minute before nodding in defeat. "N-nevermind."
Sniffles furrowed his brows in an empathetic way, "what's wrong Nutty? Is there something I can help you with?"
Nutty shook his head before nodding again and excusing himself from the shop, he walked home with his head hung like a coat on a coat hanger. Nutty trudged and dragged his feet up to his room once he finally got home, he closed his door and flopped on his bed; he wasn't feeling like getting his daily sugar rush today, instead, he just cried. He held his pillow close and sobbed like he never had before. The one chance he got to ask Sniffles out and he'd blown it, as he lay under his cover and embarrassment, he fell asleep from exhaustion. His eyes were wet with sorrow yet that didn't stop him from a deep sleep that gripped his soul for a good fifteen hours or more.
When he awoke it was dark, he didn't know the time, nor did he care. He rolled over onto his back and wished he wasn't a fumbling mess; he got out of bed and stumbled to his kitchen where a note was sitting on the counter, maybe his mom brought it in? He looked at it, it was addressed to him.
With the light that shone through the window, he flicked on the light switch and opened the letter.
"Dear Nutty,
      Today at the candy store, I saw you had something to say to me but just didn't know how to get the words out. If you'd like, meet me in the treehouse behind the park in two days (April 27th) at 5 pm.
      -Sniffles."

Nutty smiled at the note and held it against his chest in bliss before checking the date, it was April 26th, how long had he been out; a day and a half or almost two whole days?
He went back upstairs, showered, brushed his teeth, and went back to bed. He slept till morning and woke up feeling fully rested, he guessed he needed a mini coma before he approached Sniffles again. He looked at the note he left on his bedside desk, he read it again and again; he was excited to see Sniffles in such a private place but he was scared to actually talk to him. He gulped and let a longing tear roll sideways down his face, his breathing became long like sighs and he yawned, why was he so tired?
He got up and checked the time, his digital alarm clock read 9 am. He had time to get ready so he showed again and hung out in there for half an hour, when he got out his fur was soft as silk and his paws were slightly pruned.
He smiled in the mirror and practiced his lines, he promised he would say them to Sniffles but as soon as he started he got a prompt, "Honey, who are you talking too?" from his mother.
He groaned, "no one, Mom!"
"That doesn't sound like no one!" she shouted back.
He rolled his eyes and didn't reply, he then checked the time; he would be thirty minutes early if he left right then. So he did, he meandered out of his house and to the treehouse behind the park and on the outskirts of the first. He climbed up and knocked three times before letting himself in; it was empty. He made himself at home and sat back against one of the few chairs that stuck around the area. Sometimes, the smaller kids would bring the chairs down to the ground and play teacher or house. Nutty chuckled at this thought, he was a kid once and quite enjoyed it well.
He was only sitting there for a few minutes before there were three knocks on the trapdoor, he opened it and came face to face with Sniffles who was still wearing his work apron. Nutty smiled and helped Sniffles inside, Sniffles thanked him and sat on the chair opposite of Nutty; Nutty, on the other hand, was nervous as all could be.
Sniffles inhaled deeply, "a few days ago, you tried to tell me something before leaving the shop in a rush. What's wrong, did something happen that you needed to talk to me about it?"
Nutty blushed, "no, it's just I-I... Umm, I wante-wanted to ask yo-y-you if..." Nutty trailed off.
"Ask me what?" Sniffles pressed.
Nutty stood and peeked through one of the windows to make sure no one was close or approaching before he sat back down and sighed, "well, I've been feeling something... For you..."
It was Sniffles' turn to blush as a glorious shade of crimson covered his face, "g-go on."
Nutty gulped and tried to find the words in his head to say to his childhood crush, "well, um, I've always liked you... A lot... And I was wondering if you, um, if you wanted t-to go to the ice cream parlor, d-down the road..?"
Sniffles smiled gently, his blush had lightened now that he knew Nutty's real intention. "Yes, I would love too."
Nutty smiled in a childlike glee, "you will?" the tears at his eyes were already staining the fur under his eyes and Sniffles nodded.
Sniffles opened the trapdoor and let Nutty down first, he climbed down after and they both started walking back to town. He grabbed Nutty's hand as they walked back to town, he blushed.
Then Sniffles woke up, he was having the most wonderful dream about his childhood crush, he sighed in disappointment and smiled to himself. The bell chimed on the door, indicating someone had come in. Sniffles looked over to see Nutty strut in with his head held high.
Sniffles hadn't a second to think before he blurted, "Nutty will you go to the ice cream parlor with me?"
Nutty blushed a deep crimson and started stuttering over his words again, "um, how did you? How'd you know I was going to ask that?"
Sniffles smiled wide, "because I like you too!"
Nutty was confused, yet impressed, "how did you know?"
Sniffles smiled wider, "let's just say a little birdie told me!"
Nutty grinned, "let's go right now! Come on!"
Sniffles threw his apron ton the counter and quickly wrote a note to Sweets that he'd be taking a thirty-minute break. He threw his hand into Nutty's and they both walked out of the candy store, the bell chimed behind them.
Once they got to the ice-cream parlor they each ordered what they liked, Nutty got salted caramel, walnut bits, and cotton candy ice-cream while Sniffles just asked for chocolate cherry. They sat down outside under the shade of an umbrella, they sat on the same side under its shade just to avoid the sun but both knew it was deeper than that. Nutty licked his ice-cream hurriedly and finished within minutes, although Nutty was ready for more he waited patiently for Sniffles to finish his. Once they were both done, Sniffles chuckled and picked up a napkin, he wiped left-over ice-cream from Nutty's top lip and nose.
Nutty blushed and played with his hands, "c-come on, I was saving that for later." Nutty cracked a weak smile through the red-faced blush.
Sniffles giggled, then chuckled, then he broke out into the most courageous laughter Nutty had ever heard. Soon both of them were laughing over it, Sniffles knew that day would be one to remember for the rest of his days as they both got up and walked down the road.
Sniffles smiled, and distantly spoke, "Nutty? How come you like me?"
Nutty's red blush covered his cheeks once more, "because you're smart, you make funny science jokes that I don't always get, and you're the kindest person I've ever met..."
Sniffles soft smile became less distant, "is that so?"
Nutty nodded, "why do you like me?"
Sniffles chuckled, "you're a crackpot of sugar rush, you're always hyped up on something and it makes you funny. Even though you seem like you're coming off strong you're actually really gentle and soft on the inside; I admire that. Plus, you always know what to say to make a tense situation lighter."
Nutty chuckled, "I guess you're right, I was just curious as to why you would like me back even though I'm lowkey the worst person ever."
Sniffles chuckled lightly, "no you're not if you were the worst person ever I wouldn't be here right now. I'd be dead somewhere for not liking you back, but in this timeline, I do like you back so let's be grateful we got put in this dimension and not any other."
Nutty didn't understand most of the things Sniffles mentioned but was hanging onto every word as if he was a cliff climber hanging to his rope. Sniffles watch rang the thirty-minute mark and he exclaimed gently. "Crap got to go! I have to get back to work!"
Nutty nodded in understanding and as Sniffles rushed back to work he paused before turning around, jogging back over to Nutty, and planting a gently smooch on his forehead. Sniffles then resumed his rush back to his job, Nutty was left on the sidewalk, blushing like a madman.