chapter seven

kaminari walked with sero to the skates booth, when a very pink hand grabbed his wrist and pulled him away.

"hi! i'm mina!" a girl with pink hair and black eyes said cheerfully, sticking out her hand. kaminari took it and shook, with much less enthusiasm as her.

"um, hi?" he said, unsure how to answer.

"i'm really good friends with hanta," she said, laughing with her eyes closed. the yellow horns protruding from her head distracted kaminari as she continued. "i'm here with him a lot after hours."

"mina," sero's smooth voice piped in from behind kaminari. "you're scaring him."

kaminari turned to sero and laughed nervously. "no, it's okay! your friends are very energetic."

sero sighed with a smile. "yeah, they certainly are. let's get you some skates."

they walked back to the booth and sero got kaminari fitted, and the only thing kaminari could focus on was the smooth movement of sero's slender hands over the skates, a familiar motion that was second nature to him, it seemed.

kaminari got the skates on, and wobbled over to the rink. he was nervous to begin, not just because he was dogshit at it, but because it would be in front of all of sero's friends.

a smooth, cool hand rested upon the small of his back. "you ready? don't be nervous." sero said quietly, smiling cluelessly. kaminari's face turned beat red.

"i-i have to go check on my sister!" he blurted, and wobbled back over to her and bakugo.

a/n

i'm back after like eight months!!! after seeing your overtly kind comments, it made me consider updating this story again. i can't promise it'll be often, but i'll try my best. thank you all so much and i hope you continue to enjoy :-)