Chapter 1: The phone call

"Hey, O'Conner. You racing tonight or what?" Hector called out.

"You know it, what's the competition like?" I asked, as I was looking around. There were a lot of good car's, and a few good looking driver's to go with the cars.

"Nothing you can't handle." Lexie said to me with a sly smile on her face. Lexie and I go to race's every second night, we need the money, and we are less likely to get caught by the cops the way we do this. I drove my car to the starting line, and some guy pulled up beside me, he was driving a 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback. It's a beautiful car and mine for the takeing. I was driving a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner. Now, I'm not the type of person who think's that muscle vs. imports, muscle alway's win's. Although it is true, import's get's the job done. As a good friend of mine once told me "it's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car." This chick, wearing barely anything, walked in between both cars.

"Ready?" She said pointing at the car beside mine, the guy reved his engine.

"Ready?" She said pointing to me, I reved my engine, the sound it sounded like a kitten purring.

"Go!" She said throwing her hands up, and we were off. He started with the upper hand, but that started to change, there was the final corner and I drifted perfectly, which put me in fron of him. I hit my nos at perfect time.The finish line was in my sight and I was almost there, see I never lose, never. So It didn't surprise me when I...

"Lost!?!?!?!?!?!" I yelled, this can't be happening to me. Lexie and I are the queens of the street's, our car's have seen a pair of tail lights.

"Yes, lost. as in pay up." Hector said. I handed him the two grand and walked off to my car.

Lexie came up to me she had an apolgetic look on her face. She knew how important this was to me, my dad was the best racer out there, and there was someone else that I wanted to prove I could be just as good as him.
"Come on, let's go home for the night." Lexie said to me, I nodded and we each drove our separate car's home.

When we got home we started watching The Fault in our Stars, when there was a knock on the door. I got up and answered it, there were two guy' in suits.

"Hello, I'm detective Smith, and this is detective Johnson . We are with the F.B.I and we were hoping to ask you a few questions Ms. O'Conner." Smith said, why the hell is the F.B.I here, they don't know about our racing, or did they.

"Um... Okay, what are the questions?" I asked because I'm very curious as to why the F.B.I is here.

"Have you seen or heard from your brother Brian O'Conner recently?" Johnson asked. So that's what this is about, it wasn't about me at all, or Lexie it was about Brian, what the hell did that dumbass do this time.

"No, I haven't seen or heard from him since I was 20." I said sternly. I hated my brother, but if the F.B.I is looking for him, then I have to protect him I honestly didn't know where he is is, but I'm going to find out.

"Well if you do hear form him or see him Please give us a call." Smith said and handed me his card. I nodded and then closed the door after they left the building, then I ran over to the window and watched as they drove off. Just then I got a phone call, I looked at the number, it was an unknown number, I looked at Lexie and said,

"Find out where this number is coming from please and hurry." she nodded and took the phone and quickly figured it out, it was coming from Brazil. I was hesitant to pick it up, and then it stopped ringing.

"Let's not worry about it, it was probably a telemarketer trying to sell you something." Lexie said to me.

I sighed, "Yeah, your probably right." We went back and finished the movie. When the movie was over we both decided to go to bed and then my phone rang again, this time I decided to pick it up.

Phone call:

"Hello?" I said

"Scar, it's me." The person on the other end said.

"Dom? How the hell did you get my number?" I asked

"I looked you up, or at least my sister did. Anyways that's not the point, I need you and your friend Lexie to come to Brazil." He said to me

"Why? Why should I do anything for you?" I asked, it hurt for me to say it, but it had to be said.

"Please, we really need your guy's help." He begged

I sighed "Okay, fine. What do you need help with."

"I can't tell you over the phone, come to Brazil and I will tell you then." He said

"Fine." I said

I looked at Lexie, and she already had everything packed like she new for sure I wouldn't be able to say no to him. We got into our car's and drove to Brazil.