"Well, I don't just show up for no reason. What is it that you want or have you already gotten what you wanted." She said. 

I thought for a moment about what she said. 

"Have you found your truth?" She asks. 

"I--I don't know," I said. "I think I am learning the truth but I feel like I am missing something. And now I found out my best friend is a wolf too." I said with a sigh.  "I just wish I knew what am I supposed to do. I don't even know why my mother kept everything from me." I said. 

"Well, You could ask her." She said. I look at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Ask and you shall receive." She said spreading out her arms. 

"I--I--" I didn't know what to say. My mother is dead and I have come to terms with that. I never thought it would be possible to see her again let alone speak to her. 

The Mawu laughed and put her arms down. "Well, this story is getting boring." She said and walked into the lake. "I think I'll need to speed up the process. I bet he would like that." She said with a laugh. Her body slowly turns the water black and I can see little stars forming in the water. It's like her skin is becoming one with the water. 

"Take care Imani and remember that not everything is black and white." She said. 

I wake up to see the sun shining out of my window. I look around my room to make sure everything I saw was a dream. Taking off the covers from my body I notice my feet are covered in dirt. 

"What in the world?" I said confused. I can't believe Mawu was actually in my dream.  I get up and go to take a shower. As I take a shower I start to think about my Mawu, my mother, and Eric. If I would have answered yes I don't know what I would say to my mom. I think I would just be shocked to see her. Will it really be that easy if I just ask her? 

I don't understand why I saw Mawu in my dream. Is this normal? If I remember correctly only royal wolves are the direct link to Mawu. And mom is from the capital we confirmed that. And my wolf looks different from my dad's and everyone else in the pack. I don't want to jump ahead of myself because I don't know what my mother's family looks like. Maybe being a white wolf isn't common here but it is that the capital. I think the only way I am going to get answers is by going to the capital. 

It's funny because I thought by finding my father I thought all my questions will get answered, but instead, I am filled with more questions than answers. I don't know how I am going to face Eric again although Ben wants me to stay away from him for a while. I am not upset that he kept this wolf a secret from me since I did the same. But I am upset that he didn't tell me the truth about my mom knowing the reason I left was so search for my family. 

After my shower, I got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast. This week is Benjy's last week for school and then he will be on summer vacation. There are just two weeks left until I am finally introduced to the pack. I am so nervous and I am afraid of what the pack would think about me considering my mom was supposed to be the pack's luna. 

I was outside in the backyard drawing to past the time when Zoe came outside to sit next to me on the patio. I didn't say anything and continued to focus on my drawing. 

Zoe let out a sigh before she finally spoke. "I am sorry." She said. I look over to my side and squint my eyes at her. 

"I am serious. I thought long and hard about it and thanks to my mother's influence I realize I shouldn't have been rude to you and your friend even though I was right. I never had a friend so sometimes I am bad at reading the room. I am sorry." She said.