Ch. 2- hopelessness was a virtue

Bakugo stood outside the restaurant doors, tapped his foot anxiously as he waited for his dad. The small note kirishima gave him was still tight in his grasp, no sign of leaving the death grip it was in. He hadn't let go of it since he got it and wasn't planning on it anytime soon.

Bored out of his mind, he grabbed his phone, the device in his left hand and the note in the other. Bakugo started mindlessly scrolling through Instagram, looking at peoples "perfect" lives. Some going to party's with friends, pretty pictures of girls in flower fields, or a picture of someone with their boyfriend... Bakugo really wanted that, he really did.

But he couldn't.

Even if he tried his body wouldn't allow it and he would just end up disappointing his lover.

The closest thing he could get to it was just clutching on to the crinkled paper. That was as far as he could go.

Just that alone made him want to punch a wall, but if he did it would go back on his therapy, and he wanted to get better, not worse.

5:15? Dad, where the fuck are u? His dad was almost always late, and it really pissed Bakugo off. This wouldn't happen if he had his own car. This whole situation just made him more pissed as the minutes passed.

Finally, his dad pulled into the parking lot, honking his horn to let Bakugo know he was there. As soon as the blonde saw the black Tesla, he sprinted to the car, almost tripping over his feet in the process. He really wanted to go home.

"Took you long enough," the explosive boy huffed, his entrance followed with a loud slam of the car door. " yeah, I got caught up at work, sorry," his dad said, whizzing out of the lot.

The car ride back home was complete silence. No a single word dared to leave bakugo's lips about his day, nor about his note. He wanted to savor the small tinge of happiness he was feeling for as long as he could. It was most he was gonna feel. He knew he couldn't do it. Relationships. But something inside him made him have hope. It made him think he could do it, and that was what kept him from blowing up everything in sight. When he's sad, his sorrow turns to rage, and that was good for no one.

So instead of speaking to his father, he simply bummed to the tune in the radio and watched the cars zoom past his window.

When the duo arrived at their house, Masaru stopped the car in the drive, but didn't unlock it. He turned down the panic at the disco playing, and shifted in his seat slightly. Bakugo was not liking the vibe he was giving off, not in the slightest, because he knew he would have to talk. Talking to his parents wasn't the worst, but he usually felt numb when talking about his feelings. It wasn't his specialty.

In a matter of seconds the energy shifted, and Masaru cleared his throat.

"So, how was your day today?" He asked.Bakugo knew why he was asking him this in the car because If he didn't his mom would try to pry it out of him and that's never worked. He just felt more at ease with his dad as opposed to his mother, who constantly yells at him -out of love of course- and has a tougher attitude.

"It was fine I guess, today wasn't really busy at the diner." It hadn't been. There had been only two families, and... the other customer. But somehow he felt like he was lying -which wasn't gonna help him get better- and his father could sense that.

"Somethings up, I can tell, what happened today?" He asked nicely and politely, so he wouldn't aggravate Bakugo.

"Well, I can't lie anymore, so yeah, something did happen."

With that, Bakugo told his dad about everything. About a new kid coming to UA, about pikachu getting a boyfriend, about the cute guy that came into the restaurant. About the note. All of it. And when he was done, he didn't feel as numb anymore.

But his dads words soon changed that.

"Are you actually ready to date though?"

That small group of words, cut his heart like a knife. The answer was no, he wasn't, but he wanted to believe that he was. And those words contradicted that thought. That small ember of hope still buried inside him. Gone. That sentence justified the effects of his disorder that were almost guaranteed not to be fixed. That made him angry. Angry enough to blow up the whole fucking world. Angry enough to kill everyone in sight.

But he didn't.

He cried.

He cried for the first time in years. He had almost never felt this emotion before. He couldn't even pinpoint what it was. Sadness? Anger?

He looked down at the note in his hand and knew.

Heartbreak.

He was heartbroken. Heartbroken at the fact that the paper in his hand would never be a reality. Heartbroken by the fact that he might never be able to experience love or that much happiness every again all because of those fucked up psychos. Heartbroken at how weak and helpless he was back then. Heartbroken at how terribly screwed up he was.

-Flashback-

"Mommy! Help!" He cried as his eleven year old body laid helplessly on the floor. He felt so weak, so tired, so useless. He could barely blink his eyes.

"The next time I find you holding hands with a boy you might not live the next day!" He screamed. He kicked the frail boy hard, then grabbed his belt, beating the boy.

You!

Whip

Little!

Whip

Faggot!

Whip

"You are worthless you piece of shit!"

Bakugo could barely see anything. He violently coughed up blood, but he didn't care. His dad has beat him, but not like this before.

"You want some more?" His dad creepily smirked, readying his belt to beat the small blonde again.

Bakugo's mom finally walked into the room, running to her sons side.

"K-katsu, are you ok?! Hiroaki s-stop!" His mother cried. She looked so scared, but he couldn't see what happened next because he blacked out.

Next thing he knew he was in a hospital told that his mom has died and that his father was put in prison. Then he was sent to an orphanage where he almost was sent to juvy for burning a kid.

-End of flashback-

Bakugo shook his head at his "real" fathers question. That alone just made him cry harder.

Masaru grabbed Bakugo's hand, making the crying blonde flinch, but not pull away. The dark haired male knew that was all he could do.

And they stayed like this for quit some time. Bakugo softly crying, his head hanging low, and his dad, lightly holding his hand, whispering soft encouraging words into his ear. It was something that neither of them imagined would happen tonight, but they both stayed silent. None of them even tried to ruin the moment. This moment. This rare occurrence, that was unexpected nonetheless, but was ground breaking.

He was getting better.

And if feeling this deep sorrow was progress, then, hopelessness was a virtue.

Little a/n. So spoiler, but Bakugo has RAD, or reactive attachment disorder. I am so sorry if you actually have this and this portrayal is offending. I did the best I could with google and Wikipedia. If you have any info on this subject that could maybe help my writing, i would be glad to have it. also this chapter is a tad bit short bc I just wanted to publish something, so later.Thx.