Time To Leave

While the raptors were struggling with their little Hypo problem, Shard was having the time of his life under Omar's wing. The two trotted through their vast territory, hunting any prey they could find and scaring some more dinosaurs that wandered into it. Over time, Shard also learned some new things from Omar that he could never have learned from the raptors (mainly because it was breaking the law).

One day, Shard and Omar were taking a nap in Omar's cave when they heard footsteps outside. Big footsteps. Shard started to shiver. It had to be the Hypos. They had finally caught up to him.

Omar woke up. He started to growl.

"What kind of lunatic is right outside my cave?" Omar huffed.

The footsteps got closer. Shard started to worry more and more and Omar got angrier. The closer the footsteps got to the cave, the farther and farther Omar's bared teeth went out of his lip. Then, as the long snout entered the cave, Omar started to stand up, ready to face the intruder.

Wait a minute... A Spinosaurus entered the cave. Shard recognized him: the light brown and the white speckles: it was Pine!

"Pine!" Shard screamed with joy. Just as Omar was about to attack Pine, Shard jumped in front of him and rubbed his giant foot, "I was worried sick, what happened?"

"Long story," Pine growled, "But now, it's time to take you home."

Shard's heart sank. 

"No," Shard complained. He tore away from Pine, "I'm not going."

"What are you talking about?" Pine snarled, "Have you gone mad? You're being hunted!"

"I have Omar to protect me!" Shard retaliated, "I've seen him do it."

This entire time, Omar was staring at the scene with utter confusion. Pine threw up his head and sighed.

"Oh god," he hissed, "Not you. Why, out of all the people that Shard could've run into, why you?"

Omar shrugged, "I guess he got lucky."

"No, he didn't," Pine snarled, "He ended up with a laid-back doofus who breaks the law 24/7!"

"Wait," Shard asked, "How do you know him?"

"I know everyone," Pine simply replied, "And I know for a fact that you are not staying with this bonehead... unless he actually teaches you something useful."

"Oh, he has!" Shard boasted, "He taught me how to scare away intruders."

"Hm," Pine sounded interested, "Okay... show me. Scare me away."

Shard stood very tall and puffed up his chest. He opened his mouth and screamed, "GET OUT YOU TRIKE DUNG, OR I WILL RIP OUT YOUR THROAT AND-"

Shard couldn't finish, because Pine, with his extended claws, grabbed Shard's snout.

"Aw, come on!" Omar growled, "I was enjoying that!"

Pine glared at him and Omar shut up. But Pine continued to glare at him.

"We need to talk," Pine told Omar. Then, he looked at Shard, "Shard, stay here. This is private."

Pine let go of Shard and exited the cave, followed closely by Omar. Shard laid on the ground and continued with his nap.

 Shard laid on the ground and continued with his nap