( CHAPTER FIVE - THE MAN ALWAYS GETS REVENGE )

Start from the beginning

Josephine shrugged her shoulders. She really didn't want to get into an argument with her best friend this morning. "Nothing is wrong, Paige. I'm just tired." She sighed while rubbing the gathering sweat off her forehead. 

 However Paige wasn't buying it. Not for a second. She knew her best friend better than anyone else did, and whenever Josephine would lie, her eyes would narrow — which they had.

 Paige switched her weight onto her other foot while holding onto a cool metal pole. "I'm not buying that shit, Jo," she shook her head. "Something upset you last night. Was it Nia? I could talk to her."

 "No It was not Nia." Josephine sighed out, putting her hands on her hips as she stood there. 

 It was far from her in fact. A whole different hair color and a certain arrogant smirk from another woman came into mind, but Josephine was not just about to spill the beans of what was really wrong with her. She was not about to announce that Becky's words hit her.

 Paige's eyebrows rose on her forehead. "So it is a person... I just gotta find out who." Paige's mind started to skim through last night's events, the assault led by Becky Lynch, who left with blood symbolically smeared across her face. 

  Becky had pushed her down in the ring which was not apart of the script from what Paige had been told, but Josephine had informed her that the two didn't even know each other and had been trying to sell the angle so it couldn't of have been her. Then, there was Stephanie whom had gotten angry with how Josephine had almost jumped Becky, and then chewed her a new one before letting her go.

  There was one common denominator in this equation: Becky Lynch.

 "It was Becky, wasn't it?" Paige shook her head and gave a little laugh when Josephine's eyes widened in response. The little Irish woman was the problem of why Jo was in such a grouchy mood this morning, but she still didn't have the answer why. "What the hell did that little Irish woman do to you?"

 Josephine shook her head in response and tried to shake off the panicked look on her face. "We don't know each other that well to have a problem, Paige. It's nothing, seriously." She tried to put her best poker face  on when the raven haired woman turned to glance at her through her lashes.

Paige had a 'I know you are lying', look on her face when her plump lips turned upwards in a knowing smirk. There was one thing that Josephine couldn't do with Paige was lie.

  "Yeah, like I am buying your shit. There's something going on between you two that is more than just— " Paige pulled her hands up to do a mocking gesture towards her. "— 'we barely know each other,' co-workers." her voice got high when she tried to mock Josephine's voice which had made the Austrailian roll her eyes. 

 "For the last time: There's nothing going on, Paige." Josephine exclaimed, her voice raising out of frustration. She just wished that her friend would just drop the topic and never speak of it again.

 What the hell was she suppose to tell her? And to make matters worse, she had been hiding the secret for a while in the first place. That alone would make Paige livid with her and put a wedge in between the trust they had. Josephine already knew that if Paige knew that she had been withholding important gossip about her non-existent 'love life' since their pay-per-view SummerSlam, she would have a cow.