1.2

We out here with another chapter and boy is it about to get heated up in here. You guys know the ship dynamic where the two are sworn enemies and talk shit about each other but when other people do it they're like "no, no, shut up that's MY sworn enemy, only I'M allowed to hate them" and you're just like wow heart eyes??? Yeah, you're about to realize it's one of my favorites, here we go!!!!

Remember to tell me if you like the chapter, review, vote, share, blah, blah, blah, please and thank you! :) ALSO give me some good musical suggestions, not even for this story but for me personally. I'm always looking for new music to listen to!

OMG and before I forget, shout out to  because she's been awesome, HI KAT ❤️

Alexandrea had no idea how successful her improvised rally would become. Truthfully, she thought that she would just stroll down to the heart of Saint Michel and encourage the students in the square that frequently rallied there, but this worked as well. Gustave had thankfully taken the hint and left the two girls alone with little push back. The crowd that had previously been around her was now wanning; however, some citizens had stuck around to ask her name and listen to her speak just a bit more. Most of them were women who were astounded that for one of the first times in their city's history there was actually an upper class woman trying to fight for their gender specifically.

"Tell your grandfather he's always had our support down here with us little people," one older woman smiled and pat Alexandrea's hand and then cheek, "and so will his granddaughter. You've got guts, kid."

Alexandrea felt pride swell in her heart, and in that moment she knew she was doing the right thing. This was what she was meant to do with her life; fight for the people that couldn't afford to fight for themselves.

As the woman moved on her way, Alexandrea looked around for Satine, wondering where the girl could have possibly run off to. A quick scan of the area was little help in finding her friend, but what she did find were a group of boys making their way closer and closer to her. There wasn't a lot that Alexandrea was afraid of having grown up with war and battle accounts as bedtime stories. That didn't exempt her from what all women were afraid of: groups of men heading straight for them. Her heart skipped a beat and she took one more look around for Satine, hoping to find her and make a beeline back to the Moulin Rouge. It was calmed though when she recognized a particular face riddled with freckles and eliciting a nervous smile her way.

Immediately, Alexandrea waved at the young Pontmercy boy, happy to see an old...friend? The girl pushed through the small crowds, catching up to the boys with ease. It didn't take long for her to realize that the boys with Marius must've been students and friends, all wearing the same rosette on their jackets. It wasn't hard for her to figure out these must've been the very student revolutionaries she had come looking for.

"Marius Pontmercy, as I live and breathe," Alexandrea smirked, "last time we saw each other you could barely mutter out two words without fumbling them. How are you these days?"

"Fine mine." Marius waved her off at first before he cleared his throat and tried again. "I mean, I'm fine. Good. Doing ok."

"I can tell." Alexandrea laughed and held out her arms to hug the boy. They had barely spoken to one another at any of the gallas they'd both attended, but they frequently shared in a multitude of eye rolls when those around them began talking of their great king and government. It was nice to have him there just to know that at least one other person in the room thought everyone else was as ridiculous as you did.

The blond boy next to Marius nudged him, something that Alexandrea didn't fail to miss. "Oh! Uh, boys, this is Alexandrea de Lafayette," he spoke as if he hadn't just told them who she was a minute ago, "daughter of the greatest French revolutionary to date."