Chapter 28 (Omniscient POV)

Start from the beginning

"Hmmm."

"I'm just glad you two are okay. You passed out on our ride here. I thought I was going to loose both of you. You guys lost a lot of blood. Niko stabbed you so deep it punctured your appendix, the doctor had to remove it. The bullet missed the baby by 3 centimeters, and the blade missed the baby by 1 inch, she was lucky."

"How's your arm?"

"My arm is shattered, I'll only be able to get minimal use out of it even with the best physical therapy. So, no more MMA for me." She shrugged.

"I'm sorry."

"For what? You didn't do this, and neither did she. I chose to defend her knowing the consequences. She's my daughter, not by blood but by bond. And I'll always protect her. Now rest. You'll need it. By Friday you two will be ready to go back to Italy."

———————————————-

When Damien woke up this time, Aaliyah's tigress eyes were staring back at him.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Micio." He smiled back.

"How do you feel?" She asked.

"I should be asking you that." He lifted his hand and caressed her cheek.

"I'm fine, Arden. I'm happy that you're okay. You went on a rampage after Niko shot me, you were a different person."

"I blacked out. I don't remember anything. Celine told me but I still don't remember."

"You don't need to, I'll remember for the both of us."

"I love you, Micio. With my very soul and I'll do anything to keep you safe."  He leaned in and kissed her nose.

"I know and I love you too."

"Have you talked to the twins?"

"Yes. They said they miss us both and they're ready for us to come home."

"Aaliyah, Damien..." Celine called their names as she walked into the room.

"Yes."

"You two have visitors.. do you two feel well enough to clean up and come downstairs or would you prefer I send them up?"

"We can get cleaned up. Just tell us where the bathroom is."

"Go through the closet and it's on the right."

"Thanks."

Damien sat up first. He hissed as the a sharp pain went down his side.

"Please, don't tear your stitches."

"We will be fine, Celine. Thank you." Aaliyah smiled at the Latino woman. Celine nodded and closed the bedroom door, leaving the couple to themselves.

Aaliyah day up as well; cursing as the sharp pain radiated down her side.

"Fuck."

"Wait, until I get up, Micio, so, I can help you."

"No."

"Aaliyah, I said wait." Damien looked her in her eyes, his hazel orbs daring her to defy him.

"Fine." She huffed as she backed down.

"Good, Gattino." Damien stood and made his way to her side of the bed. He helped her out of bed slowly, being careful not to tear her stitches.

They showered together, helping each other wash. Once they were decent, they headed downstairs to see who their visitors were.

When they walked in 4 heads turned their way, a gigantic grin broke out on Aaliyah's face.