Savages Vs. Savages ~Part 1~

Start from the beginning

I looked at him and smiled I didn’t really no what to say. It seemed like he was mostly talking to himself he smiled again and continued on. “Come. Walk with me.” He reached his arm out to me, beckoning me to come forward. As I stepped forward he placed an arm around me shoulder and began to walk on. “I will help you find my daughter. I have an idea where she may have run off to.” 

We started to walk in silence, moving away from the village onto a dirt path. It was amazing how they knew how to maneuver in this place.  There was nothing but tress, dirt, grass….and well….earth. It was amazing how they used trees as landmarks to find there way. I knew if I was out here for three days, all alone, I’d probably get lost. As we came upon a large river that spanned into two paths, one a little rocky and the other was steady and smooth, the Chief spoke again. 

“So, Ayame, tell me about your family.” 

“Well I only have my mother, my father died when I was young…” As soon as I mentioned my father’s death, I started to get a small headache, nothing too painful. So I’m sure it was nothing to worry over. “And I also have two very close friends, who are like my family. We’re very close.” 

“I am sorry for your father, but that all still sounds very nice. You found family in others, and I hope that you will one day find family in my daughter and me.” 

I smiled. The chief was very kind. “Well now I have to find them.” 

“What do you mean?” 

“Well….some time ago….our home was overrun by these….monsters and now its empty and deserted overrun by them…and my mother and friends were either gone….or they went somewhere else and I have to find them and ask my mother some questions. There are things I need to know.” 

“I see.  That sound like a tough road. And no one would help more with that than my dear daughter. But keep in mind no matter what comes in your path that you don’t back down. You continue to let your heart and spirit guide you.  It won’t be easy, the right path never is.” 

“I don’t expect it to be.” 

“But maybe Pocahontas can give you more insight.” 

I hadn’t noticed that we had come up to an area where the river led to a very calm, and very blue, large lake.  I could see far out in the middle of the lake there was a small brown boat and inside that boat I could see Meeko, and Flit and also a girl I had not seen before. Her hair was black and short, it was pulled back in something resembled to a ponytail but part of her hair was partially pulled through the hair tie. She also wore a brown outfit that was a shirt and a skirt, and exposed her stomach. Her skirt was fairly simple but her shirt covered her shoulders unlike Pocahontas’s dress that only had one strap.  And over her shirt was a separate layer of fabric that seemed like a very small, thin poncho with frills on the end, and lastly she had a simple white necklace around her neck. 

“Nakoma!” The Chief called across the way and raised a hand. 

She looked over and smiled and waved. 

“Where is my daughter?” 

“Well, you know Pocahontas…” the girl named Nakoma nodded her head over to a tall cliff where we could see Pocahontas standing on top of. The chief placed a hand to his forehead and shook his head, but yet he was smiling. “Pocahontas, get down here! You’re father’s here!” 

Pocahontas looked down and then walked away but before I knew she was running back toward the edge and jumped off, looking so graceful, even when falling. She had her arms spread like an eagle as she embraced the fall and then swiftly moved arms together to dive and pierce the water when she hit it. In that moment I definitely observed how much of a free spirit Pocahontas actually was. 

“Show off….” Nakoma said rolling her brown eyes and shaking her head. Pocahontas surfaced from the water and looked around seeing her father and smiled, then her eyes landed on me and her smile widened. She quickly swam over and once her feet hit the ground she ran over to me and tackled me with a hug. 

“Ayame!” She said happily as she squeezed me. “It’s so good to see you! I’m so happy you came back to visit us!” 

The tightness of her hug surprised me, but I couldn’t help but smile and hugged her back. “Yeah….I know didn’t stay too long.” 

“Great! I’d love to show you our home!” she smiled widely. 

“Chief! Chief!” A member of their tribe came looking for the chief like he was in hurry. 

“Yes,  Mokoata?” The Chief replied. “Is everything all right?” 

“I’m not sure, but there is a man here asking for you personally.” 

“Who is he?” 

“An outsider. He’s like John Smith or more like the people from the settlement up north.” 

“Hmmmm….daughter I’m afraid you’ll have to show your friend around another time. Come with me to see what this is about.” 

“Of course, father,” Pocahontas said. 

“And Ayame can come as well.”

When we arrived back at the village, it was now dusk. There was a fire lit and mutters among the tribe. This unknown visiter had his back toward as he looked around waiting by his horse. From behind he wore the clothes of a well off Englishmen, with colors of red and gold and a hat with a feather. I already knew the chief would not be so polite. 

“Who is it that has come and disturbed my village and my people,” the chief said when we reached him. 

The man then turned around smiling politely and bowed as he took his hat off. He had long brown hair pulled back in a ponytail and green eyes. “Hello there…uh….great chiefliness….I am John Rolfe.”