30: thanks for the vote of confidence

Start from the beginning

"But Dipper!" I interrupted him. "I'm not sure we're ready, plus this entire thing just happened. Shouldn't we try to focus on what just happened to you?"

Dipper must have noticed something. He must have noticed how panicked I was that he wasn't taking it all seriously. Because he took his seat back on the couch, let out a sigh, and in the quietest voice I've ever heard him use said "okay."

"Does being Marked have other restrictions?" I found myself asking. "Like, it restricts you from using magic anymore without the thing finding you, but does it restrict your memory?"

"I'm not entirely sure," Dipper admitted. "I know there are illnesses. Because I've had magic for almost ten years, it could be the lingering effects of me not being able to use it."

"Oh, you guys suck," Gideon's voice came from the entrance to the living room. "You guys call a meeting and don't tell me? Nice, just nice."

"Sorry, Gideon," Mabel winced, "this wasn't a planned meeting."

Gideon's ears only seemed to hear the word 'planned' and his eyes widened. "What did I tell you two?! We don't want any Dipper/Pacifica hybrids running around! I told you two to use protection!"

My face felt like it was on fire! Mabel was beside herself with laughter, she almost fell out of her chair she was laughing so hard. Dipper's face looked shocked as well, like he was just as mortified as me. That was a first.

"That's. . .that's not what we're talking. . .about." Mabel said through wheezes. And when she finally composed herself, she said, "we didn't plan to have this meeting. But there's something wrong with Dipper."

"What else is new?" Gideon rolled his eyes, "you wanna know something? I think Pacifica's life has gotten way more problematic ever since you came back into her life."

Dipper didn't argue. "I know, believe me, I never wanted this for her."

"I know." I said, looking back to Dipper. "But it doesn't matter. I'm involved in this now and we're going to end this once and for all."

Dipper closed his eyes and let out a sigh, "I don't want you to get hurt, Pazzie."

"She won't." Gideon crossed his arm, "because you're going to protect her, okay?"

"I won't need protecting." I groaned, "right, Mabel?"

"No, you'll definitely need protecting." Mabel informed us all. "It's nothing against you, but you're hella clumsy sometimes."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence." I rolled my eyes, "well, it doesn't matter. Because my life isn't on the line here."

"Are you subtly mentioning that you're angry at me?" Dipper raised a brow.

"Angry?" I repeated.

"Mabel, Gideon, if you please," Dipper gestured to the door.

Gideon groaned, but Mabel did end up dragging him out of the room to give me and Dipper some privacy. God knew why we needed it.

"Are you mad at me, Pacifica?" Dipper's soft toned voice soothed me.

"I dunno why you would think that." I shook my head. But was I mad at Dipper?

"I get it," he pulled me to the couch.

I took a seat next to him, my eyes trained on the ground.

"I know, this is absolutely terrifying." Dipper admitted. "But. . .are you angry with me?"

"I'm scared for you, Dipper." I finally breathed out. "This is very dangerous, what we're going to do, and we just. . .we just found each other again."

"You don't want to lose me?" He echoed, confused.

"In case you haven't noticed, Gleeful, I love you." I shook my head. "And I don't want to lose you, ever. I've worked so hard, I've gone through so much, and so have you, and--"

He cut me off by wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer into him. "I don't want to lose you either, Pacifica. I'll be the first to admit that this scares me, more than I let on, but I trust you."

I closed my eyes and leaned into him. "Please, Dipper. You're playing a dangerous game here, and you know it. I just--"

The doorbell rang.

Dipper looked at me, "were you expecting company?"

"No," I murmured. "I wasn't."

"Is someone going to get that door?" Mabel's voice sounded irritated from wherever she was. "Last I checked, we don't have servants here to open it for us!"

"I'll get it," I groaned, standing up slowly.

But something stopped me, no, someone stopped me. Dipper wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back to him. "Gideon can get it." He murmured. "Stay with me."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, possessive."

Dipper rolled his eyes in turn.

Gideon groaned loudly. "FINE! I'll get it!" I heard his footsteps pound as he walked toward the door.

"You wanna know something?" Dipper whispered to me.

"What?"

"You're still just as stubborn as the day I first met you," He leaned toward me and kissed me gently.

"When did you become such a romantic?" I raised a brow at him.

"You call that romantic?"

"Pacifica!" Gideon called. "It's for you."

I looked back at Dipper, "now I have to go. Be right back."

Dipper crossed his arms and pouted like a child.

I laughed as I walked away toward the door. "Who is it, Gids?"

"Me."

I looked up at the door and my eyes widened. Showing up at my door was none other than Cody Chiu.

______________
Sorry it took so long to update! I hope this makes up for my absence! I've been working hard on chapters and plan to have the story finished before summer starts (June 21) Keep smiling, my lovelies

-Kaori Miyazono <3