King's Arrival

**

**

All of them were dressed in their best clothes waiting for the king. Catelyn had told Alianna to leave her hair in its natural wavy state as she said her hair has always been beautiful without anything needing to be done to it. She added a golden headband to just give it a nice touch and also to keep most of her hair out of her face.

Her mother told her that the best impression of her will be made by showing her natural beauty in the simplest way.

Alianna smoothed her cloak to make that there weren't any creases but took care as to not cover her direwolf sigil that was just under her bosom on the dress that Sansa had sown for her specially for this occasion.

The direwolves had to be kept in their rooms as her mother thought they'd scare their southern guests away if they were kept to join them in greeting the royal entourage.

She looked behind towards Jon to make sure he was alright and he winked at her in assurance. She smiled and looked straight in front just in time as the guests poured into the gates.

The guests that poured into the gates had both banners of House Lannister and House Baratheon that fluttered by the Northern winds. Alianna recognized the prince, Joffrey even though they'd never met before. He had hair that was striking and that she thought made him recognizable even among a crowd.

Alianna had heard stories of how supposedly handsome he was from Sansa and her friends, but now just looking at him, she didn't find him to be as handsome as they'd described. She looked discreetly towards her sister to see her blushed while exchanging stares with the prince.

She decided to look around, but her eyes stopped when it crossed with a knight that was cloaked in gold and white as soon as he removes his helmet. She recognized him immediately. She knew the knight that she was looking at was Ser Jaime Lannister, the queen's twin brother and a member of the Kingsguard.

She knew that he had caught her looking, but that didn't deter her from analyzing every inch of his face and his build as well as it could be seen under all that cloak and armor he had on. All the whispers about him didn't give him justice.

Her eyes stayed fixed on his green ones trying to uncover all the secrets hidden beneath those beautiful orbs. She knew that there was more to this handsome knight everyone keeps calling the Kingslayer and she intended to find out.

Alianna's attention was pulled away when a wooden carriage was drawn in next. She guessed that the ladies of the court along with the queen were inside. She knew she'd prefer riding on a horse rather than being stuck in a carriage the entire way.

A man entered next, riding a horse with more Kingsguard around him. Alianna knew that he was the king. She couldn't get a good enough look at him before everyone bent the knee at the sight of him. She kept her eyes on the ground and heard as footsteps approached them, waiting for her father to rise.