Chapter Fifteen

Zacznij od początku

"Uhm, the most recent?...This morning." I blush.

"Oh my god! Most recent. You've had more than one?" she giggles, happy to finally hear something 'juicy' as she'd say, then suddenly frowns, "Oh wait, and I woke you up...so did I-?"

"Yup." I nod.

"Oops." she smiles a bit, "Sorry. But go back. How long has this been going on? How many have you had?"

"Only a few and only a couple of weeks." I shrug. Since the last time I saw him.

"Well, give me the details. What happens?" she waves at me to continue.

"I don't know. It's usually just a bunch of imaginary foreplay. There's a lot of build up but..." I trail off, disappointed. Why do I sound so disappointed?

"No dirty dream sex?" she gasps, "What kind of bogus fantasy is that?"

I shrug, "I always wake up before it gets to that- or get woken up." I look at her pointedly before adding, "I just don't know what to do. I can't be having these dreams about Marshall. It's so inappropriate and unfair to him and-" 

"I'm sure he'd be more than fine with it." she scoffs, "Damn, I knew I was right. So does this mean you want to get back with him?"

"No." I glance over at her confused, "Why would you think that?"

"Because you're dreaming of fucking him! Only him. You don't think that means something?"

"It means it's been way too long since I've had sex." I tell her, following the signs to the airport. Only a half mile left to go.

"And you want the white boy to fix that!" she giggles.

I roll my eyes. "Being friends is all Marshall and I are capable of, I've told you that."

"Then be friends." She smiles, "With benefits. With Marshall. Hell, with anyone. I don't care. Just get some, girl!"

"You know that's not going to happen. I could never." I scoff, but Angie only chuckles. "I need some kind of commitment if I'm going to have sex with someone. That's more than just a physical act for me."

"There's commitment in those types of relationships." Angie tells me, and I roll my eyes, "Hey, don't knock it till you tried it. Honestly, that might be the loophole you need. Plus there's nothing more empowering then banging a guy then leaving-no emotional baggage, no strings." she adds, speaking from experience.

"I'll consider it." I sarcastically reply. As if.

When I pull into the airport, I park behind a long line of cars in the drop-off zone by the doors. Together we unpack the car full of Angie's suitcases. Three total: one for every day she's been staying with me. Models. As the attendant takes them for her, she turns to me.

"Can I say one more thing?" She asks, and I nod. "Don't feel bad about those fantasies. Embrace them. Your amazingly erotic imagination is what's going to tide you over until you decide you need the real thing." She smiles, teasingly.

"I should never have told you about this!" I yell, though we both laugh, "Now go before you miss your flight!"

I watch Angie roll her carry-on bag into the airport. For a moment I think of hopping on the plane and joining her. Just dropping all my responsibilities.

My phone rings, bringing me out of my crazy thoughts and I answer it quickly without looking to see who it is.

"Uhm hello?" a funny, nasally voice says on the other end, "Am I speaking with the number one hottest female singer of 1999?"