I emptied the whole glass. Rett filled it and once again I emptied the glass. It felt like I hadn’t drunk water for ages.

“Better?” Rett asked and I turned to look at him. He was staring at me with an expressionless face and as my heart thudded, I knew something was wrong. I replied with a nod and as Rett asked me, “Do you want more water?” I shook my head; however I didn’t take my eyes off his face.

I wanted to know what had happened. For one moment, I spared a glance at the room and realized that I was in an unfamiliar territory.

I inhaled deeply and frowned when I noticed that I couldn’t smell any familiar scents. I tried to climb out of the bed, when I felt a pain in my stomach. Wincing, I rested my palm on my stomach. At that very moment, I realized that I was bleeding, heavily.

A painful cry escaped from my lips and Rett immediately clutched my hand. “Tell me what’s wrong?” he enquired. “What can I do?” he asked me and I shook my head.

“My stomach’s paining” I said holding it very tightly. “Badly” I added rubbing my hand on my stomach. My breasts felt tender too but that was okay. I looked at Rett and furrowed my brows when I saw that his eyes were misty.

“Rett” I called in a whisper. He gulped and looked away.

“I will talk to doctor about this” he said and then took a deep breath. Hesitantly, I nodded and licked my lower lips. I knew I was having my periods but I didn’t know why it was this painful. Mentally, I started counting the days from the last time I had my periods.

Rett was looking at me in confusion but I ignored it and continued. I frowned when I realized I didn’t know the exact date. My frown deepened when I recalled that I didn’t have it last month at all. I ran a finger through my hair and tried to recall but it didn’t help.

“Can you get me a calendar?” I asked Rett looking around the room for one. My eyes fell on his cellphone in the table and I immediately picked it up.

The cellphone dropped from my hand as I saw the date at the top of the screen. “Is the date right?” I asked Rett in a whisper and he nodded.

My heart started beating rapidly in my chest and I felt the hair in my neck stand up. A whimper escaped from me as I took the cellphone from Rett’s hands. Nervously, I clicked on the call register to check the date that I had last spoken to him.

My worst suspicions were confirmed when I realized that my last call to him was in previous week.

Immediately memories of what he had told to me in the phone call flashed in my head. I remembered him telling me about Teresa’s death. A tear dropped from my eyes as I recalled that.  Terence deciding to I and he go to Greenrock without informing Trudy. Another tear dropped from my eyes. I remember rogues informing me about a body… Alisha’s body. One more tear dropped and then I recalled watching at the vicious smirk of a rogue.

I sucked in a breath when I realized that I didn’t recall anything about that day after that. I tried my best but all I could recollect was the vicious smirk of the rogue and nothing more.