Chapter One: The Novak Brothers

Castiel's POV

"It'll be fine, Cas, he said. Nothing will go wrong, he said. Bull!" My mind swooned, as I was unfortunately being pinned up against my locker by some jock. His white grin, and dark green eyes made me shiver as he talked directly into my ear. "Why did this happen? What did I do to anger the jocks?" I asked myself repeatedly in my, now scared and curious mind.

A few days before, me and my older brother Gabriel moved to this small town of Wingback, Kentucky. I was more scared than excited, since I've never been out of my home state before. And moving to an entirely new one was stressful, especially since Gabe and I were on this "adventure" alone. And I could tell from my first day at school, that things were not going to be in my favor. At all.

In the morning, I was shoved into the girl's bathroom, and screamed at by every cheerleader on the varsity team. Even the people in the halls heard their shrieks, which embarrased me even more as I ran back out, stuttering and confused as hell.

Shortly after, I was pummled by dodgeballs in gym, and laughed at by all the jocks in my class. During passing time, a fellow "geek" told me shocking information about a jock duo who ruled the two upper grade levels. The Winchester brothers. He told me that Dean, the older sibling, was in our grade, and he was one of the jocks that practically killed me with dodgeballs. I was frightened enough, and hearing that made it so much worse. Escpecially at lunch.

"Heyyo, dork. How's your first day treatin' ya?" Gabe asked as we sat together at lunch. I sighed, and realined my, now crooked, glasses.

"Not good. I was pushed into the girl's room, attacked by flying dodgeballs, and my glasses are crooked."

"Aw, I'm sorry Cas. You're not hurt though, right?"

I nodded. "I'm fine, Gabe. Anyway, how has your day been?"

"Great, actuallly. I was accepted onto the football team, I made friends with the 'head kahuna' himself, and I'm pretty popular with the ladies already." He said with a chuckle. I sighed, and patted him on the shoulder.

"Good for you Gabe.."

He looked over at me, then ruffled my hair. "Cheer up Cassie. Everything's gonna be fine. Maybe I'll introduce you to my friend Dean-o, after school."

"Who's that? And why do you call him such a silly nickname?" I asked, a bit curious and confused. He laughed.

"Dean Winchester, dummy. The star of the football team. My best friend." I gasped, and started to shiver once I heard that name.

"W-Winchester..? As in, one of the biggest bullies to nerd kind out there?"

"Cas, he's not a bully. Or at least, I've never seen him bully anyone." He replied, seeming a bit unsure of his answer. "Just come and greet us later before sixth period, all right?"

"O-okay.. But if he tries s-something.. I'm leaving." I said, and before I even could finish my sentence, Gabe squeezed me tightly to his chest.

Later in the afternoon as sixth period approached, I was extremely scared for my life. I sat in my desk during Geometry II, hoping and praying that the whole situation wasn't a set up for Dean Winchester and his lackeys to beat on me. Once I got there, Gabe was the one to greet me first, followed by Dean and two other guys that I immediately recognized. The looks on their faces was different than before. They seemed... Kind.

"Dean-o, this is my little brother Castiel. He's the newbie you, Scott, and Peter beat on this morning during gym." Gabe said. "Like usual, he's not letting me introduce myself. Hmph. Typical." I thought as I reached my hand out for a handshake. Dean's friends shook my hand first, which made me think Dean wanted nothing to do with me or something like that.

"Nice to meet you Castiel. I'm Scott Pemberton, and this is Peter Rouge." The taller of Dean's friends said in a very polite tone. I nodded, and smiled a little at his sudden kindness. Dean pushed them out of the way, and stood in front of me. He was a few inches taller, but it seemed as if he was a skyscraper compared to me.

"U-um... " I tried to think of something to say, but my mind was blank.

"So, you're the nerd we beat on this morning? Oh, dude, I'm really sorry about that. It's just.. These idiots wanted to impress the girls in the class by showing off their 'masculinity', and they pulled me into it." He explained, sounding like he really was sorry about it.

"It's ok, Dean. Just um, warn me next time. I wasn't ready to be pummeled by, what seemed to be endless waves of dodgeballs." I said with a half-hearted chuckle. Dean smiled and nodded.

"Of course, Cas. Next time, you'll get a warning." He said with a laugh. I smiled at him, and Gabe made weird kissing noises in the background.

"C'mon guys, enough with the heart-felt apologies. It's almost time for class to start. Say good-bye to your boyfriend, Cas." He laughed. I lightly punched him in the arm, and blushed from embarrassment.

"S-shut up Gabriel!" I scoffed, as I tried to hide my reddened face from Dean's eyes. It made him laugh, which embarrassed me even more.

"See you later, Cas." Dean said as he ruffled my hair. I removed my hands from my eyes just in time to see him walk away and to his next class. Gabe laughed at me, and slung his arm around my shoulder.

"Aww, Cassie's got a crush already."

"Shut up Gabe, I most certainly do not! He's the bully who hit me with dodgeballs! Why would I have a crush on someone like that?" I scowled, and turned away from him. "See you after class, Gabriel." I said in a huff, as I walked away from him. I could hear him sigh, then chuckle as his footsteps grew farther and farther away.

After school, Gabe and I enjoyed a quaint and quiet walk home. Thankfully, he couldn't read minds, so he didn't find out that I was thinking about Dean and his pals the entire way home. "It's too embarrassing to tell him..." I thought as we entered the living room. But, there was one question that I had to have answered.

"Hey Gabe?"

"Hm? Yeah Cas?"

"Is... Is Dean single?"

"Yeah I think so, why do you-" He stopped in the middle of his sentence and laughed. "No friggin' way. You really do have a crush on him, don't you Cassie?"

"Shut up! I do not! I just... Wanted to know.. That's all." I said with a sigh. Gabe patted me on the back, and smiled.

"Don't worry about a thing Cas. Dean likes you too. And he's single, so he'll probably ask you out."

"W-what?!"

"Ha, I'm just pulling your leg, Cas. But eh, sometimes a one-sided thing can become mutual." He said with a laugh as he walked upstairs. I pouted, and sat on the couch.

"Damn it, Gabe..."