"Rolling Thunder"

Start from the beginning

--

In the next months, we launched 3 simultaneous, "quiet and small" campaigns, just to get "a feel of things" and test the campaign "strategy" I suggested. We collected data from influential elite, vast working class and emerging youth - we did not mind what "political ideology" they belong to or want to belong to. We analyzed the answers and patters in various classes and groups and tried to make sense of all the information we have. 

Soon, Jun Evasco realized that we also have to keep the "real" campaign running and he formed his teams. He assigned Migz to work with me on this "new" strategy we had and figure out how we can effectively make use of the information we have. 

It's been a while since I last saw the President or talked with him. However, I've heard that he's throwing words around that "he'll campaign for me" if ever I run for the transition government. I have "exemplary" track records, he tells groups of people and enumerated some things I didn't know I did in this second life. 

My campaign team decided to pick up the President's lines and work on it, after all, I am his DILG secretary. We started getting some attention from the media and from House politicians, who were also preparing for the transition government. After some time, news broke that I'm the "anointed one" of the administration for the transition government. 

Despite all the ground work, we weren't gaining traction from the mainstream media in the way we wanted to - all they talk about are about the President, his more famous "allies and rivals" and all those conspiracy theories, we think they're getting from random people in social media.  

Despite this setback, we rally on. I go to any radio, local TV interview, even FB interviews by social media "influencers" who invites me, no matter how small or big and who the audience is. I am grateful for Migz for strongly holding this idea of mine, even though I know, he cannot grasp yet fully the meaning of it. 

A prominent survey group is about to release its results and I know this is our first "scorecard" - if we made impact and how big. I was prepared to not see my name anywhere much less have the numbers but I was surprised when I got 5th place - in a current "battle of 5". 

"This is not bad, what do you think, Jun, Migz?"

"I agree." Jun remarked.

"Same here. To think, Moises is literally 0 awareness until now, tapos kahanay na nya yan sila Bong, e not bad at all." Migz added.

"We have to work on big media talking about you - a lot of people are talking about who you are - curious, supporting or bashing you but big media seems to ignore." Jun brought up. "Nakapag-usap na ba kayo ni Presidente?"

"Di pa ulit, Sec."

"Tingin ko, kailangan nyo ulit mag-usap. Siguro makatulong talaga his "talks" about you. Nobody asked him to do what he did, maybe he can do more of it."

"Ayaw ko naman umasa sa "word of mouth" nya lang and as you advise, we don't do anything too "unnatural" yet just to be featured in prime time." I tell them.

Migz just looked at me.

I felt a bit uneasy. He does not know who I really am.

"Sec, kilala mo ba personally si Vice President?"

Jun Evasco laughed. 

"Migz," he told him.

"No, Jun, I'm serious. Nag-guest ka pala sa radio show ni Ma'am one time I was told."

"True. I talked about some DILG policies."

"So magkakilala nga kayo?"

I looked at him and try to weigh on my answer.