"When did they leave?"

"Last night," He murmurs, the shadows under his eyes darkening as he rubs his eyes. It wasn't hard to see that he hadn't gotten any sleep at all yesterday night. How could he, when one of his hyungs were in the hospital and he had no clue what happened?

"Last night?" I repeat numbly. "You should've come and talked to me! Did you stay up the entire time? Did you at least get some sleep?"

He blinks slowly.

"I didn't want to wake you," He whispers, and shakes his head to my last question.

Since he was here now, the rest must still be in the hospital. That fact sent chills down my spine—that meant that whatever had happened to Taehyung must be serious.

And I knew Jin would have definitely sent someone to check on Jungkook, but he hadn't. Which meant that he needed all the boys for something—and whatever that was, it had to be important.

But first, my priority was to help this boy get some sleep. He looked like he was about to collapse, and I couldn't have that.

"Here," I say, helping him down onto my bed. My eyes dart to the door to make sure it's locked, so that we would have at least some kind of warning when my mother came in.

Her finding out about this would be bad.

Very bad.

Whatever had plagued him during the long night had thankfully dissipated now, and his eyelids are heavy with sleep. By the time I adjust the pillow under his head, he's already relaxed into slumber.

Satisfied that he won't wake up any time soon, I tuck my blankets over his body, looking down at his peaceful expression.

My mother used to say that she was most happy when she tucked me into bed, and even more when I was already sleeping.

I think I get what she means.

"There we go," I breathe when he looks comfortable enough. When I step away, I can't help but sigh at the heaviness of the situation.

So V was in the hospital.

And the others were all unavailable, possibly in danger or something even worse.

I groan softly, understanding how Jungkook had felt when he was pacing in his bedroom, all alone in the large house. And if it was stressing me out this much already, I can't imagine how it had been for him the entire night.

My mind spins as I think. Vampires weren't arrested unless they were on a blood spree, and none of the boys were doing that. They were on animal blood, which kept them sustained to some level.

But just because they sacrificed their natural urges didn't mean it saved them from abuse from normal humans, hateful and scorning. It was most likely that V had gotten hurt from a human that had crossed the line.

And it was probably a vampire police, desperate to find an excuse to arrest him.

All I can hope for is that V didn't lose control of himself, attacked whoever had provoked him. If it came to that, it was close to certain that he would get suppressed.

Which basically meant killed in a weaker definition.

It had been just yesterday that I'd seen the boy play around with Jimin, eyes wide and lips bright with an innocent smile. It made me want to throw something when I think that someone actually had the nerve to hurt him on purpose.

A dazzle of sunlight shines through the heavy glass of my window, making Jungkook unconsciously flinch as his skin comes into contact. It didn't hurt him, but it made his flesh into a glowing shade of ethereal white that made it easy to tell him apart as a vampire.

I quickly draw the curtains, and Jungkook relaxes.

This was the reason why vampires usually stayed home during a sunny day, but had V somehow broken that pattern?

All of a sudden, a cold arm wraps around my waist.

I barely hold down a surprised gasp as Jungkook pulls me onto the bed, and a flash of horror crosses my face as I catch a look at him.

His eyes are the brightest shade of silver-blue, nearly glowing as he presses me down onto the mattress.

Must. Not. Scream.

"Jungkook." I say, not bothering to hide the note of urgency in my voice. His fangs were visible now, sharp and glinting in the narrow rays of sunlight that had seeped between the curtains.

"Jungkook, are you okay?"

He doesn't reply.

He only stares at me with his piercing silver eyes, beautiful and cold in the morning light. The hand holding my waist seems foreign, skin icy and winter against mine as I swallow.

Was he going to bite me?

Holy crap- am I going to die?

When he finally says something, it's the name of the flower that had been haunting me for the past few days. It's my smell, my fragrance- according to him.

A sudden thought strikes me, terrifying yet intriguing at the same time.

Was that how my blood smelled like?

"Gardenia." He hisses again as he presses his lips against the skin of my neck.