f i v e

Macy's POV

It's been a few weeks since the first day of school. I'm still hanging out with Finn, Vince, Mattie, and Tori. And lately, Frankie's been hanging out with us too because as of last week, he and Mattie are dating.

I really like Finn. He's funny, kind, considerate, handsome, talented... UGH I STILL JUST CAN'T BELIEVE I'M FRIENDS WITH A FUCKING CELEBRITY. I really want to tell him how I feel, but I don't know if he even feels the same way about me.

Finn's POV

I've been hanging out with Macy and Frankie for a few weeks now. But I really like Macy. She's funny, kind, caring, uplifting, she gives zero fucks about what other people think of her, and she's overall just beautiful. I really want to tell her how I feel, but what if she doesn't feel the same way about me?

Macy's POV

Ever since Frankie befriended Finn, Finn has been coming over at least once a week. Frankie knows I like him, and I try to be as normal as possible when he comes over.

Today is Saturday and i just fin(n)ished eating lunch when the doorbell rang. Mom opens the door and from the other room, I see that Finn and Mattie are here. Mom knows Frankie and Mattie are dating (she's happy for them). "Frankie! Finn and Mattie are here!" She yells. I quickly run upstairs to change out of my pj's and fix my hair. Once I am done, I casually walk downstairs and see Mom, Frankie, Finn, and Mattie talking in the kitchen. They're talking about the spring dance and how Frankie and Mattie are going together.

"Hey Macy," Mattie and Finn say when I walk in. They both give me small side hug. We all talk for a minute, and then Mattie and Frankie go to his room. After another few minutes, my mom leaves to go to the store. As soon as she leaves Finn and I go up to my room. Mom doesn't really care about what goes on in Frankie's room, but she cares about what goes on in mine, so the two of us can only be in my room while she's gone.

I plop down on my bed and Finn sits next to me. "Macy?"

"Yes, Finn?"

"Do you want to go to the spring dance with me?"

"Yes, I would love to!"

[time skip to the day of the dance, two weeks later]

This dance is supposed to be more casual, nothing fancy. So i'm just wearing a dress I already had. It's a maroon skater dress with long sleeves with my basic checkered Vans.

Mattie is coming with Finn to pick me and Frankie up. When they get here at five o'clock, I hug my mother goodbye and get in the back seat with Finn. "Be back by ten!" my mother yells. We drive to the school gym.

[time skip 2 hours later]

After awhile, it starts to get really warm in the gym and I need to step out. "Where are you going?" Finn called after me.

"I just need to get some fresh air." He follows me outside. I'm glad he did because I love being around him. Creepy? Maybe a little.

"You ok?" he asks.

"Yeah, I just got really warm in there." It's silent for a moment and we're just listening to the muffled music coming from the gym. Then he says, "I love the dress you're wearing."

"Thanks, but it's basic. I'm basic."

He turned to me and said, "No, you're beautiful. There's no denying it." It made me feel really good to hear that. I turned my head to look at him. Just then he leaned in and planted a kiss on my cheek. I giggled and felt warm.

Finn's POV

She was so beautiful, and i couldn't resist the urge any longer, so i leaned in and kissed her cheek. I didn't want to kiss her lips because she might not feel the same way I feel about her. She giggled. I love her giggle. Then, she put her hand on my cheek and gently planted her soft lips on mine. We broke apart after a few seconds and just giggled. That moment was magical. Then she said, "Is this dance lame to you at all?" I was just thinking the same thing.

"Yeah," I said and I laughed.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?"

"Why not?" We went back into the gym and found Frankie and Mattie and told them we were leaving for a bit.

Macy's POV

I'm glad I wore sneakers because my feet would be hurting so bad right now if I wore anything nicer. We didn't know where we were going, so we just wandered aimlessly for awhile. Then we came upon a nice and quiet park. We found a bench and just sat down in silence. But it wasn't awkward. It was a nice comfortable silence. "You know," he said, pulling out his phone and playing It Needs A Title by Work In Progress. He turned up the volume, stood up, and pulled me up with him. "We haven't gotten to dance yet."

He put his hands around my waist and I hung my arms on his shoulders. We swayed to the music and twirled each other around. "Well, I'd rather be dancing to this than to boring EDMs in a stuffy gym, anyway." (No shade if you like EDM.)

We spent a little bit more time at the park before walking back home. Once we got to my front porch, I hugged Finn and said goodnight.

"Macy?" he said as i opened the door.

"Yes, Finn?"

"I really like you."

"I like you too, Finn." We just stood there for a second staring at each other.

"Sleep well," he said before walking off.

"Thanks, you too." I thought he was gonna ask me to be his girlfriend or something, but it's fine. I just have to be patient.

Finn's POV

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuckity fuck. I could have just asked her to be my girlfriend, and I really wanted to. UGH I don't know why I didn't. I just left her with "I really like you." Wtf are you doing Finn?! I kept scolding myself for not asking Macy what I wanted to ask. She's probably confused or disappointed. Or both. Maybe I'll text her. Nah, I need to tell her in person.

----

fat oof this is poo poo. well thanks anyway. you guys rock, don't forget that <3

~ s