The White Girl Cult

Abigail walked down the halls of her current high school, letting her curtain of long, straight, ash brown hair fall over her face. She is used to being ignored, and in this school, where almost every girl had long straight hair, it would be easy for her to hide from the crowds. What she didn't expect was one of the girls coming up her.

"Hey. I want to talk to you," the girl said. "You look like you belong here."

"What? No I don't." She protests.

"Oh come on. All you need are the right clothes. Other than that, you're good." She gives a plastic smile.

"Really?" It was a secret dream of hers to actually belong. Maybe this was her chance.

"Totally. Here is my username. If you wanna get together just Snapchat me."

"OK. "

~~~

Later that day, at home, she did as the girl, Beth was her name, said. She told Abigail to meet her at her house on Saturday, which was two days away. When she told some other people about this, they tried to warn her off. "Don't do it." They said. "You'll regret it." But how bad could it be to just hang out with a nice girl she met? And they don't understand what its like to not belong anywhere like she had. She'd do anything to make some real friends.

~~~

Arriving at Beth's house, Abigial noticed there were other girls coming in as well. Plating along with it, she goes in, makes small talk and basically does what a good house guest should do. Beth calls everyone to the kitchen about 10 minutes after Abigail arrived, and there are about 25 other girls there, all of which, that Abigail notices, have long, straight hair, wear chocos and chevron, and those southern culture shirts with one breast pocket. "Welcome, if you don't know me, I'm Beth. You are all probably wondering why there are lost of you here, after all, you didn't know what was going to happen here." She smiles. "You are here because you have been chosen to be in an elite group of young women who vow to uphold the legacy of the white girl. All you have to do is complete initiation, which is tonight, and you are in. Just make a line facing me." We all do as told, and I'm unsteady. "Now repeat after me. 'I', state your name." The chorus of exited freshmen girls fill the room. "'promise to fully participate in the white girl activities.'" We say the same. "'I promise to be loyal to the fellow white girl.'" I barely mumble this out. Do I really want this? "'I promise to honor Starbucks and chevron with pastel colors.'" What? " Now, the last thing you need to do is cut the palm of your hand and pour your blood into the Grande Skinny Half-Caff Iced Caramel Macchiato."

What. The. Hell.

Unabled to turn back, I do as she says when it's my turn.

"Congratuations. You are all white girls now."

What did I get myself into?

~

Thanks to my very good friend, forestfantasies, for giving me inspiration for the white girl initiation ritual.

Of course, this whole thing is very fake, to my knowledge. I do not know of a white girl cult nor am I a participant. This is purely for laughs.