- chapter sixteen: the upside down [ part two ]

"she develops our research."

ALSO PLEASE READ in one of the chapters when they're running from the bad men and eleven flips the van and it said that a man picked up erin's pill bottle? well i knew y'all wouldn't remember that so i'm gonna tell u here because that comes into p...

ALSO PLEASE READ
in one of the chapters when they're running from the bad men and eleven flips the van and it said that a man picked up erin's pill bottle? well i knew y'all wouldn't remember that so i'm gonna tell u here because that comes into play :)

i know that erin's plot is kinda sudden and doesn't seem that explored but i'm definitely going to go into it in the next books

when erin dizzily walked out the school doors, she was immediately bombarded with a bright light in her face. she vaguely registered red and blue lights in the background, along with a faint high pitched noise in her ears.

she doesn't remember much, just stumbling over to the side of the school wall and taking deep breaths. she fell to the ground there, on her knees, and placed her left palm on the cold bricks.

two people then grab ahold of her arms and lead her over to a.. a.. an ambulance! that's what it was. a young woman had tried, and failed, to get something out of her — anything. but it was useless, as she just sat staring at the ground in complete shock.

when the woman walks away, erin lets out a small sigh and closes her eyes. she thinks of what happened moments ago, and how she maybe could have done something. killed the demogorgon? obviously not. stopped eleven from leaving? maybe. help the boys instead of almost shutting down? definitely.

it's like she can't focus in any type of situation. there's always something around her that is distracting her.

she leans her head against the side of the ambulance's interior from where she's sitting. she feels sick and she's sure she's gonna throw up soon.

the worst thing ever had really happened to them only 15 minutes ago. 15. minutes. ago.

she lets out a tiny sob and buries her head in her hands. the blanket around her shoulders slips off and she can't find the energy to pick it up again. she just sits there and sobs.

it's all so messed up. it makes absolutely no sense. how could someone as great as el come into their lives and then suddenly just leave? just like that?

she doesn't look up again until she feels the blanket wrapped around her petite body and a hand caress her head. erin peers up underneath her wet eyelashes.

elizabeth stands before her, with a red nose and puffy eyes. upon seeing the look on her younger sister's face, her eyes flood with tears all over again.

erin looks at her for only a moment before she's launching up and out of her seat and colliding into her big sister's chest.

she lets out a wail as liz strokes her long hair down her back. erin shakes her head violently and wipes her tears away on liz's shirt.

"erin," she suddenly sobs out. "we.. we have to go up to hawkins lab." she whispers.