We got in the house safely and on time. Because as soon as we got home, her step mom appeared on the kitchen door. I hid under the table on time.
"Where were you?" Her step mom asked.
"Well, I was here all along finishing the errands you gave me." She answered calmly.
"There was a mysterious girl who had caught the heart of the prince. She was wearing a sparkling blue dress and a glass shoe. Everybody admired her. The Prince danced with her all night long not giving any girl a chance to dance with him." her step mom told her. "But the weird thing was she ran when she heard the clock stuck 12. She rushed through the stairs and left one of her shoe."
"And you're saying this to me because?" Cinderella responded.

Her stepmother walked towards her glaring at her.
"To tell you that you had no chance of meeting him he liked that girl." Then Cinderella's step mom disappeared by the kitchen door.
"You'll meet him again." I assured her while coming out under the table. When we were sure that everyone was asleep, she led me to her room and she told me that we could share bed. So we did.

***

Next morning her stepsisters were shouting her name.
"Cinderella, go get me my nicest gown." One said.
"Cinderella, where are my shoes?" the other one said.

I could hear Cinderella's step sisters made her do all the things for them. Poor Cinderella. Then when they were fully dressed, there was a knock on the door.
"Good morning Madame. I am a servant of the prince and we were looking for the person who left her glass shoe last night in the palace stairs. Do you have someone who we can fit these lovely slippers? Any maiden can have a chance."
"Yes. Come in. come in." Said the step mother.

The servant waved his hands at the footman on the carriage. He opened the door and there was the prince. He came down the carriage and walked towards the entrance of the house. Cinderella's stepmother made him sit on the couch. The servant was standing beside him.
"So where are the maidens?" the prince asked.
"These are my daughters, my Lord."
"Let the fitting begin." The prince said.

Cinderella and I was in the kitchen.
"Come on. Get there and fit the shoe." I said to her.
"I'll get something to drink my lord." We heard her step mom said as she was walking towards the kitchen door. Luckily for me I had a chance to slip behind the big kitchen door.

As soon as her Step mother was in the kitchen door she stared at Cinderella who was fixing her hair.
"Where do you think you are going?" Her step mother asked.
"To fit the slippers." Cinderella answered. Her stepmother laughed.
"You wouldn't. You are a mere servant." She said.
"But the servant said any maiden can have a chance." She answered calmly. This Cinderella is the only person I know that can talk calmly as that.
"No way. I'm locking you up until the prince is gone." I could hear her grab her.
"No." she was dragging Cinderella. I didn't move. I knew she would be coming back for the beverages. And she did. As soon as I heard she was offering the Prince the beverages, I slowly came out of the kitchen and find where Cinderella is. I found her on the attic.
"Hey Cinderella." I called her.
"Astryd, go find the keys."
"Where is it?" I asked.
"It's with her."
"How can I get it? It's impossible to get that." I answered.
"The mice. They can get it for you."

So the mice she called Gus was in the mission on getting the keys from that evil old woman. After some time of waiting on the stairs of the attic, I saw the mice running with a shiny key, and he was being chased by the house cat. I shooed the cat away and got the keys.

I ran up the stairs, which mind you was very old and very long. I run as fast as I could. When I reached the top, I was gasping for breath but I managed to open the lock.

Cinderella rushed to the stairs and me too. When we reached the living room, the prince was on his way to the door.
"WAIT!" Cinderella shouted. Everyone looked at her. Her stepmother's eyes grew wide.
"And who are you?" The servant asked Cinderella.
"I'm Cinderella. I live in this house too."
"And you?" he was staring at me.
"Oh. I'm just a friend of Cinderella's"

The prince sat on the couch again. The servant was walking in front of Cinderella's step mother. She tripped the servant and the glass shoe flew into the air and broke into pieces as soon as it landed on the concrete floor. You could see on the Prince face the sadness the broken glass slippers caused.

There was a smile on the face of the old woman and so as in the face of her daughters. But a smile never left Cinderella's face.
"Oh, the slippers broke." A huge grin was painted on the woman's face.
"Don't worry, I had the other one." Cinderella got the other shoe off the pocket of her apron.

The grin on the old woman's face was suddenly gone. She was shocked to see that the other shoe was in Cinderella's hands. She never saw that coming.

Cinderella slipped her foot on the shoe. It fit perfectly. The Prince stood from the couch and walked towards Cinderella.
"It is you." He said.

Moments later, her ragged dress had changed into the gown she was wearing the night they met---Err, we met.

The prince then kneeled in front of Cinderella. He was holding a red velvet box and opened it in front of her.
"Will you marry me Cinderella?" he asked.
"Oh yes my Prince. Ill marry you." Cinderella answered in glee.

The Prince stood up and embraced Cinderella. I saw the kitchen door glowed. It was my cue to disappear. I was walking towards the kitchen door when Cinderella grab a hold of me.
"Thank you Astryd for making this all possible." She hugged me.
"Oh Cinderella, this is all possible." I told her. "Congratulations on finding your happiness." I added.
"You'll find yours too Astryd." She said.
"Well I have to go now Cinderella. My world is calling me." I said.
"I knew you were magic." She joked. I smiled.
"Live happily ever after for me." I said
"I will." Then I held the doorknob of the kitchen door and looked back at them. Cinderella and the Prince were waving goodbye at me. I waved back. I opened the door and I can still see light. I slowly walked out the tree. I sat on the roots again and smiled and wondered how it feels to be in love.

I looked at to my right and saw a pair of big brown eyes staring at me.