5 - Song Troubled

After a quick period of rest, IDOLiSH7 had finally received their next comeback song.

Natsu Shiyouze: a catchy, energetic title track accompanied with a vigorous, high stamina performance to lift the spirits of the audience. A perfect concept for the summer.

For the next month, the group had worked hard to complete the song recording and memorizing the dance. And towards the end of the month, they had taken a trip to the beach to film the music video. All there was left to do was to master the performance for future promotions, and then release it for Japan to hear. 

Tsumugi had put away the music sheets into her office before heading out for the quick work-vacation since there was no need for them anymore. And little did she know that leaving them behind would be a great mistake for the idol group while she drank her sweet pina coladas next to the beach while the boys enjoyed their time hanging out on the sand in the sunset after the music video shooting had finished. 

Right when the group had arrived back in Tokyo, Tsumugi went straight to her office to drop off their passports in the safe and grab the key to the dorms. The rest of the group swarmed into the small office, some resting their legs on the available couches. Except Tamaki. He was left asleep on the van. And Nagi had to stay and watch over him which was the result of a rock-paper-scissors game.

"I'm beat," Riku said as he slouched forwards, resting his arms on his legs. "That was so fun yet so energy-draining." It barely felt like the vacation was over. 

"Let's make sure we all get enough rest before the release and promotions start. I'm sure that'll be a week from now," said Yamato. He then turned to the blonde shuffling through papers frantically on her desk. "Right, manager?"

Tsumugi looked up from her cluttered desk with a look that clearly showed dread on her more-than-evident face. Her mouth was hanging down as if she were going to respond but decide to not last minute. The boy group gave her questioning stares all in sync. Riku could practically see the blue lines of apprehension under her eyes. "Manager?" he asked.

"We have a problem. . ," she started. But before she proceeded to explain the situation, she started bowing nonstop with her hands tight together in front. "I'm so sorry, it's my fault!" she cried, her voice shaking.

"Eh?! Calm down! What's wrong?" Riku stood up immediately and grabbed his manager by one shoulder, preventing her thin physique from going down one more time.

"Manager, be professional," Yamato reminded her.

"R-right. . ," Tsumugi looked down embarrassed. She then looked up at the boys with her lips curved downward. "I can't find the music sheet for Natsu Shiyouze. I think someone must've broken in—"

"Are you sure about this assumption, manager?" Iori questioned from the side, his arms crossed. "Perhaps you misplaced it."

"I know I put it in this folder here," Tsumugi said. "But I can't find it. . ! I found the rest of the contents emptied out underneath the desk along with other files." The more she spoke, the more her voice grew more shaky. "And. . . The door was unlocked. But I swear I had locked it— There's no way I wouldn't have!"

Yamato spoke. "It's just the music sheet for the song right?"

"I believe so. . . Nothing else important seems to be missing."

The leader half-smiled. "Well then, that just means we have to release the song early before the music sheets get leaked."

"But how early could we start? You guys need your rest and premiering a show requires new plans for the stage and we already have those scheduled for next week," Tsumugi said, trying to organize her thoughts.