Chapter Two-Galeite

"Snywiill"

{pronounced s-nyu-ee-ul}

A slender boy turned to the one who was calling his name. The look in his eyes softened with recognition from their previous suspicion. 

"Lyrain"

{pronounced lie-rain}

The other boy smiled, walking over to the shorter one. His black hair shone in the moonlight.

"Why are you out harvesting at night, Snywiill?"

The shorter boy clambered down from the tree he'd been in. His hair was longer than the others, a beautiful pale pink color like seashells. His skin was a pale milky white. Small pale lavender freckles dotted his face, his whole body.

He was wearing a simple tank top, and drawstring shorts. He was barefoot, as was the other boy.

The taller one leaned in, without waiting for the smaller's answer, and pressed his lips to the shorter's own.

Snywiill smiled at the pitchwyng boy, a dark pink blush spreading across his face.

"I was out here waiting for you. I wanted to chat. You know tonight is the beginning of my cycle."

Lyrain smiled sadly, gently kissing the galeite boy's forehead.

"And you'll let me stay this time, right Snywiill?"

The pale boy blushed even more and nodded.

"It's been six years officially since that Daemoth tried to breed me during my first cycle. And you saved me then. We've been officially dating for six years now Lyrain."

"So, what's your answer. I'm not trying to be pushy baby boy, I just wanna know."

Snywiill nodded.

"I already nodded twice. You can stay this year, for after all the third time is the charm."

Lyrain blushed a little, the pale pink barely visible with his Latino skin tone. 

"But what if I fuck this up? I mean, I'm not as experienced and knowledgeable as I seem. I just read a lot of scrolls back when I was a young, curious idiot."

The smaller galeite's voice was gentle and kind when he answered, though he was not speaking.

"There will come a soldier
Who carries a mighty sword
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord
O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord
There will come a poet
Whose weapon is his word
He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord
O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord
There will come a ruler
Whose brow is laid in thorn
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord
O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord"

The thin boy danced a little bit as he sang, swaying his hips and twirling delicately like the morning winds he had been named for. 

As he finished the song, Lyrain leaned down a bit. He laced his arms around the slender boy's waist, pulling him close and kissing him softly.

Snywiill kissed back, being careful to not upset or hurt or offend Lyrain. Despite how confident he felt about having him here this year, he was still on edge a small bit after his near encounter with the Daemoth in his first cycle.

The two broke apart, breathing heavily and smiling lovingly at one another. Snywiill grabbed his mate's hand, playfully tugging him back towards their small home. The moonlight shone on his hair, flowing around him in the slight breeze. 

Lyrain knew then that if he ever did anything for this boy, it would be to protect him and stay by his side forever. He loved everything about the slender galeite, his milky pale skin, his seashell pale pink hair, the lavender freckles that dotted his whole body.

The two spent their first cycle night together, each learning the other's boundaries; gaining knowledge of what each liked and what each hated. The small galeite fell asleep in his newfound mate's arms, his head resting on Lyrain's shoulder. 

"I love you, Lyr."

The dark haired pitchwyng smiled tiredly, a faint blush from exertion still dusting his face.

"I love you too, Snyw."