Easter Special

BEFORE YOU BEGIN
This is not part of the actual story, this is a Kaminari x Reader one-shot that's Easter edition! This is going to replace this weeks chapter.

Lying in bed on the day before Easter, or as some people knew as your birthday, was boring to say the least. You checked your phone again, Kaminari said he had a surprise that he would bring around five. It was for both your birthday and for Easter.

You were hyped for two reasons, one: to see what the surprise was, you barely ever got them. And two: to see him since after all, he was your long term crush.

But that didn't change the fact that you really hated having your birthday right by a holiday since people thought giving you one gift for both was just fine. Easter wasn't the worst one, your mom had her's the day after Christmas.

It was ten past five and Kaminari still wasn't here. Your phone dinged and you hastily picked it up.

On my way now, sorry that I'm late!

You read it and sighed, he lived about twenty minutes away so it would be a bit.

To pass the time and calm your excited nerves, you decided to play your phone until you heard the doorbell ring. You rushed downstairs, thrilled to see what the surprise was.

Whipping open the door, you disappointed to see that it was just Kaminari. No box, nothing he was hiding behind his back, and from what you could see, nothing in his pockets. But seeing Kaminari wasn't so bad, especially since he was wearing skinny jeans.

"Ready to go?" He asked, giving you a smile.

"Go where?" You gave a sort of nervous laugh, "I thought you were bringing the surprise here."

"Nope," Kaminari shrugged, trying to hold back a devious grin, "Hate to break it to you but you're going to have to leave your house today."

You sighed as you looked down at your outfit, baggy green sweatpants topped off with a loose white and black stripped t-shirt. "Fine, just let me put on some shoes."

About two minutes later you came back downstairs wearing white high top converse. "Let's go," Kaminari said and you followed him out of the door.

The two of you started walking down the sidewalk and you snuck a few glances at him, trying to keep it subtle.

"So what's the surprise?" you asked in vain, knowing there was no way he was going to tell you.

Kaminari gave you a sidelong gaze with an eyebrow raise, "You didn't actually think that would work, did you?"

"No," you sighed, "but you can't blame me for trying."

Kaminari chuckled, "I guess not, I hate surprises, the anticipation kills me."

Eventually the two of you stopped outside of a candy store. You were about to tell him that you weren't going to count this as your gift, but he interrupted you as if reading your mind, "This isn't the surprise, my mom wanted me to pick up Easter Bunny candy for my younger siblings."

You nodded as Kaminari walked inside and you quickly followed.

He scanned rows of candy before shaking his head, "Don't know what to get?" you asked as he looked at you hopefully.

"No," Kaminari sighed, "You're the youngest, what kind of candy did your brother's get for you?"

"Cute of you to assume they cared enough to get me food," you chuckled, turning a little red when you realized you called him cute. You continued talking like you weren't even phased by your own words or his small smirk, "but get something with chocolate, kids love chocolate. And you can never go wrong with jelly beans on Easter."