Company

Jeongyeon's POV

We just finished our last concert for the world tour and I must say, the whole thing was pretty exhausting but seeing the faces of the people that came and watched us made it all worth it. This concert is also kind of emotional in a way because this is our only Canadian concert and seeing the audience become emotional also got to us as well. We will definitely come back here again in the future.

After the concert I decided to have a walk outside to see what the venue is like. They don't usually let us go outside without any managers or security escorting us but this time I got permission to do so as long as I return back to the others before we leave. I quickly put on my hoodie and face mask and went out.

I didn't really think this through. I didn't expect the venue to be this big and there are still a lot of people hanging around even after the concert. It's been a few minutes since I've been stuck here in this same spot and I'm starting to get nervous. If I don't figure out my way back soon I will definitely get in trouble.

While I was frantically looking around, I heard a random stranger call out my name.

"Jeongyeon...?"

"Huh?" Is the only word that came out of my mouth as I was trying to figure out how he recognized me and trying to find the words to say in english. I suddenly got taken aback when he spoke to me in korean.

"Are you okay? You look like you were panicking there. Do you need any help?" He says.

"Wait you speak korean?" I answered.

"Uh, yes. I'm fluent in it but more importantly you didn't answer my question" He responded back.

"Sorry, I was just surprised. Anyways, I got lost while taking a stroll and I can't seem to find my way back."

"No worries. Isn't it a bit dangerous for you to roam around by yourself? Why don't you contact your manager and have them pick you up?"

"Umm, yeah. I really wasn't planning on being gone for this long so I didn't bother to bring my phone with me. What about you, do you have your phone with you?"

"Ah I actually don't. I forgot to bring it with me this morning because I was hurrying to get here."

"AHHHHHH what do I do now?" I say while shaking and holding my head.

"Hey, calm down. If you don't mind I could help you find your way back."

"Really? That would be great!"

Y/N's POV

After walking for a few minutes we managed to get to where they're supposed to meet but not a single soul was to be seen.

"Ummm, are you sure this is where it's supposed to be? I think they forgot about you?" I say while trying to look for her managers and other members.

"AHHHHHHHH WHAT DO I DO????!?" She exclaims.

She looked adorable but it seems like shes about to cry so I decided to ease her up a bit by patting her back and comforting her.

"Hey it hasn't been that long since they left. They'll realize soon that they accidentally left you behind so they probably already sent someone here to come back for you."

She managed to calm down for a moment but I noticed that she still feels a bit uneasy.

"Don't worry, I'll stay here with you until they get here" I say as I give her a reassuring smile.

This seems to make her feel better so I decided to come up with topics to talk about so we wouldn't get bored while waiting and mainly to distract her so she wouldn't feel uneasy again.

We talked for around an hour. We mainly talked about our personal lives and she was geniunely listening to my stories and vice versa. She looked like she was having fun and it made me feel relieved that the uneasiness from her before is nowhere to be seen.

Soon after I saw someone running towards us from a distance and I assume that its one of their managers.

"Hey I think thats for you." I say to Jeongyeon making her look behind her.

As soon as she turned her head, she was met by her manager whos breathing really heavily. He looked like he ran a marathon on the way here. I decided to walk further a bit to give the two of them space while they were talking.

The manager noticed me right after their short conversation and walked up to me.

"I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you." He says.

"No, its okay. I'm glad to have kept her company and it isn't exactly safe for her to be by herself this late."

"Thank you for taking care of our Jeongyeon then, Mr?"

"(L/N)" I finish.

"Mr. (L/N)" He says after giving me a smile and thanking me again.

The manager then met up with Jeongyeon. I was about to leave when I heard Jeongyeon call out to me.

"Hey" she says.

"Hey" I answered back.

"Are you just going to leave just like that? You do realize I still haven't gotten your name yet right?"

I rubbed the nape of my neck and smiled in shame as I thought about what she said.

"Sorry about that. It's (Y/N)" I say while bowing my head.

"Well (Y/N) its been nice knowing you. It felt really nice to talk to you without being an idol and just talk about things like a regular person. I hope we can meet again. Friends?" She says as she reaches out her hand for a handshake.

It took me a while to take in everything she said and she actually had to wave her hand in front of me to take me back to reality.

"(Y/N)?" She calls out while giggling.

"Sorry about that. It's my pleasure. Its been nice talking to you as well and I'm glad you enjoyed my company" I say awkwardly as I reaches my hand for the handshake.

"Friends" I say.

"Anyways gotta go. See ya!" She yells out as she skips towards her manager.

I didn't realize it but I had one of those biggest ear to ear smile as I watched her skip and leave along with her manager as I thought about what just happened. I just became friends with Jeongyeon. With the "Yoo Jeongyeon!"