Chapter Four > Please, Stay.

Three days.

Three days have passed and I haven’t spoken to my father since, Yeah it’s been hard considering we live under the same roof but I’m coping somehow.

“What’s wrong with you?” Harry leans over to ask, to be honest I don’t know why I’m talking to him but he is the only person in my science class that I know.

“Nothing that concerns you.” I reply while putting on my safety glasses, I walk over to the front of the class room grabbing two lab coats and tossing one to Harry.

“Whatever you say,” He shrugs grabbing the few chemicals to his left, “Why did you choose me to be your lab partner?” He asks soon after, I tilt my head in his direction to see him pouring a blue liquid into a beaker.

“You’re the only person I know.” I pointed out,

“So you do like me.” He smiled looking up at me from his current position,

“I never said that.” I joked; He let out a slight laugh before shaking his head, “Why are you like this? I mean you were a complete dick the other night and now you’re just.. I don’t know nice.” I Said scratching the back of my head, his head hung low as he stood back up then looking me in the eye,

“Because I was jealous.” He said with ease, “Ashton has feelings for you Anna and I’m jealous of that because I know he will get you, It’s not an easy thing being easy to a guy who likes the same girl as you, besides Michael’s girlfriend isn’t my cup of tea.” He blurts,

“Why would you be jealous? I mean yeah Ashton is a great guy but you are too, well most of the time anyway. And if you’re jealous of Ashton why don’t you take me to the fair this Friday night before you know…”

“I’ll pick you up at eight.” He exclaims grabbing his bag and running out of the class room,

“Harry! Class isn’t over yet.” I shout, lowering my voice towards the end, I bring my attention to the teacher who is looking directly at me shaking her head.

-

After the bell had rang I made my way to the cafeteria spotting Tahlia straight away, I reach the table placing my tray and bag down as I sit.

“Anna.” Tahlia exclaims bringing me into a hug, I kindly hug her back. “Mikey and I are going to the school fair this Friday night, you should come, I’m sure Ashton would take you.” She winks, I sink down in my chair, “What’s up?” She asks with concern tilting her head to the side.

“Well I’m kind of going with Harry,” I say quietly, he jaw instantly drops, “I know you don’t like Harry but he is actually a really nice guy, I mean in science he was all-“

“Shit, no.” She cuts me off, “Dude Ashton was planning to ask you to the fair as a date when he drops you off, he was meant to do it last night but he choked out.” She explains, by now my heart was pounding, I feel like a complete idiot, He is going to be so devastated and I’m going to be the blame.

“Hello ladies, “Michael buts in, I notice a tall blonde haired guy with him, “Anna this is Luke he’s Tahlia’s Brother.” He introduces I kindly shake Luke’s hand,

“Anna is going to the fair with Harry.” Tahlia says to the two boys, both their eyes dart in my direction, my head hangs low.

“Oh this is bad, how are we going to tell him?” Michael says in a panicked tone, “Anna you have to tell him.”

“Why me? This wasn’t my idea.” I exclaim waving my hands around, “Shit here he come’s” I say looking down at my food that I haven’t touched.

“Anna, you sitting with us now?” Ashton smiles, I slowly look up at him with a fake smile, he looks at everyone the knits his eyebrows together, “What’s going on?” He says with confusion, Before anyone could speak, Tahlia, Michael and Luke all stand up and walk away in a rush leaving me here alone with Ashton, I let out a frustrated sigh. “I have something I need to tell you…” He says sitting directly across from me, I let out another sigh, what am I supposed to say? ‘I’m going to the fair with your best mate?’

“So there is a fair this Friday night as you may know and I was wondering if you would um I don’t know maybe come with me?” He stutters, I look over to see Tahlia looking at me with a sympathetic smile,

“Um I-“I start

“I just thought it would be fun you know.” He says with a slight shrug,

“Uh yeah of course um you see I’m-“

“There is this ride that’s like ten feet up and-“ He starts but I cut him off,

“Jesus Christ, I’m going with Harry.” I blurt covering my mouth with both hands afterwards, this could be anymore worse,

“You’re going with my brother.” His eyes full of sadness, whoa and to think it couldn’t get any more worse. “I should have known.” And with that he was gone, I let my body sink and my head hung low as I rub my fingers against my temples.

“How did it go?” Tahlia was first to come over, I look up at her with a blank face,

“I’m going to the fair with Ashton’s brother.” I say bluntly, Tahlia tilts her head.

“Nobody told you?” She says raising an eyebrow, “Someone should have told you, is Ashton okay?”

“No one told me, and yeah Ashton is great, he just asked a girl on a date but turns out she’s going with his brother.” I blurt out standing up and slinging my bag over my shoulder,

“Where are you going?” Tahlia shouts from behind me,

“To find Ashton.” Is all I reply with before walking out of the cafeteria.   

Awh Shit.. Hope y’all like this chapter!

Twitter- @Shanae_Cobain

-Tessa J x