Chapter Twenty- Five

Love. Four letters, one syllable, yet, it held so much meaning. As Niall lay in bed, Jillian's head on his chest and her right leg sprawled out on top of him he tried to think of what the word could mean. Sure, he knew what it meant to love someone, but what did the word actually mean? A heavy sigh fell from his lips when he couldn't think of an educated definition for the word.

For a while Niall laid there, his mind moving faster and faster by the second. His eyes fell on Jillian whose shallow breaths seemed to be the only noise in the room. He brushed the hair out of her eyes and she buried herself further into his chest causing Niall to smile to himself. Slowly, he pressed a kiss to her temple, deciding it was about time he woke her up.

His lips pressed to her arm, slowly trailing kisses up her arm until he got to her shoulder. She moved slightly, causing Niall to lean forward pressing his lips to her collarbone. He listened as she let out a muffled groan, "Go away," she said lightly, sleep etched into her words.

"C'Mon, wake up." Niall murmured into her skin. He heard her whine, eyes squeezed shut silently begging to be left alone. Niall kissed her skin again feeling her relax under his touch.

"Niall, I will punch you in the dick." She threatened with a groan before covering her eyes with her arm.

"Don't threaten me with a good time." He said before leaning back down and sinking his teeth into her shoulder. Jillian let out a yelp, jumping in her spot.

"Did you just bite me?!" Jillian asked wide awake now. Her eyes remained closed but Niall knew she wouldn't be going back to sleep.

"Can't say I didn't," his voice smug and Jillian could feel his smirk on her skin. With a sigh Jillian slowly peeled her eyes open allowing her eyes to adjust to the unwelcoming sunlight.

"I hate you." She muttered glaring at him. Niall smirked before leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to her lips. Jillian couldn't help but smile against his lips, she wasn't a morning person but she wouldn't mind waking up like this. As Niall leaned down to kiss her again she quickly put her hand on his lips. "I need to brush my teeth." She yawns sitting up, she rubs her face trying to get the sleep out of her eyes. When she was done she gathered all of her hair setting it over her right shoulder and slowly climbing out of bed.

Niall whistled as he watched her climb of bed, her shirt, well his shirt, riding up just enough to see her underwear. Jillian gave him the middle finger tugging the shirt down and walking to the bathroom. "Yellow is a great colour on you." Niall commented leaning against the door frame as he followed Jillian into the bathroom.

"Fuck you," Jillian replied running her toothbrush under the water. Niall stared at Jillian through the mirror, a smug look on his face as Jillian looked back at him narrowing her eyes. Niall moved into the room grabbing his own toothbrush and brushing his teeth, his gaze never falling from Jillian.

"I'm going to take a shower." Jillian announced once she was done brushing her teeth. Niall nodded before grabbing her a towel and setting it on the sink. Jillian pursued her lips before walking over to Niall and wrapping her arms around him. "You can join me if you want.." Jillian suggested leaning her head on Niall's shoulder blade.

"Seriously?" Niall asked and Jillian laughed before nodding her head. She bit her lip as she stared at him butterflies seemed to fill her stomach as she stared at him, a feeling that was foreign to her but now felt so common when she was around Niall. She hated the fact that she had no clue what to call it, but it made her happy, Niall made her happy.

"'S just a shower." She mumbled with a sly smile. Her hands fell to her sides and she walked over to the shower turning the water on. Pushing the sleeves of Niall's shirt, she reached out feeling the temperature of the water. When the water was just right she grabbed the hem of Niall's shirt, pulling it over her head.