Eleven

"Quigley." Duncan said in a shaky voice.

Violet turned around to see a guy stood in the doorway. He was leaning confidently against the doorframe leading into the room, messy black hair falling over his green eyes. The resemblance between him and Duncan was uncanny.

"Long time no see." Quigley joked, although he was also welling up.

Duncan engulfed his brother in a tight hug. "I missed you."

Quigley returned the favour, wrapping his arms around his brother tightly. They stayed like that for a few seconds before detaching. Quigley turned to Violet and smiled in a friendly way.

"I don't think we've met. Quigley Quagmire." He said, extending his hand.

Violet shook his hand. "Violet Baudelaire."

Duncan put his arm on Violet's shoulder. "Violet's my girlfriend." He explained.

Quigley put on a look of mock surprise. "My awkward younger brother has a girlfriend? I never thought I'd see the day!" He said wiping away a fake tear of pride.

Duncan laughed. "You ass!"

"It's charming." Quigley grinned.

"How'd you get to the Queequeg?" Duncan asked.

"I was in the library when the fire started." He explained. "Mother hid me in a secret panic room and told me to stay there until she got everyone else. She didn't come back and I realised that it wasn't a panic room I was in, it was a tunnel. I wandered around for a few days until I met a man named Jaques Snicket."

"Snicket?" Violet asked.

Quigley nodded. "Yeah, you know someone with that name?"

"Amy-Grace and Kit both have the surname Snicket." Violet explained. "They're the volunteers who helped us find the Queequeg."

"Jaques mentioned having siblings." Quigley nodded. "Anyway, Jaques kept bringing me food and supplies while I lived in the tunnels. We moved regularly. But one day he stopped coming. When I got to the surface we were in the Mortmain Mountains. I joined up with a troup of Snow Scouts for a few days until I saw the Queequeg. I saw the V.F.D eye and knew they were help. I was here for a week before Klaus and Izzie arrived and they've been here for two weeks."

Isadora opened her mouth to speak but she was cut off by a loud crash. Amy-Grace ran into the room looking frantic. "Grab a wetsuit, we're crashing!" She yelled.