"If you keep on walking faster than maybe, but let's get some ice cream first." I get to eat ice cream AND stall Keres from going home, its two birds with one stone. Best deal ever.

"Why? I don't even have to work today, Conner already knows that I won't be there. If I go in then he's gonna guilt-trip me into working!" He looked so desperate while saying it, I almost burst out laughing. But I guess working in an ice cream shop isn't fun for everyone. I would love to work in one...I could 'borrow' ice cream every day!

"Well, your parents don't know that, now do they? You could just say you went to the library to do some extra homework or something, and then went to work? They would totally buy that." Why is he so scared of his parents? They literally have no way of hurting him, maybe his feelings...if he had any!

"My parents aren't as dumb as you assume them to be!" Gassssppp, he's been possessed! Either that or this is Keres's twin brother...I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a twin? Keres doesn't say anything nice about his parents...the nicest thing he's ever said about them is probably how good they are at managing the company. And I'm sure his parents aren't dumb, but Keres is. WAIT! I don't mean like dumb dumb, but oblivious? Is that the right word?

"Yeah? But you seem to be. So, yeah, sorry about this." I snap my fingers and teleport him to the school's front. And go back inside the necklace as soon as I can, because y' know, I like my life. For the most part.

After going inside, Keith is there waiting for me, staring at me like just killed his puppy. I shrug and say "I tried...but he didn't want to go to get ice-cream, sorry?" His expression changes for a second...but only for a second.

"At least you stalled him." He said looking down at my messy floor.

"I still don't get why you couldn't go..." I said quickly before he could rant about how I should clean my room.

"I don't wanna be the subject to his wrath...I like living." He said, obviously trying not to laugh.

"AND I DON'T?!" I mean...I DO like living...but this isn't exactly the kind of paradise I was hoping to live in...

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Just clean your room and hurry outside. You haven't seen Rue in ages. She's getting annoying to handle alone." He said walking out. And of course, I don't clean my room, who do you take me for? A maid? I just quietly follow Keith to the living room without a word.

"Rue, move. You're taking up the whole couch." Keith said to the pale girl spread over the couch.

"Mhm, me too." She replied, clearly ignoring us. Keith just stood there, quiet as a mouse, for a minute or so.

"I got Areon out of the hell-hole.." Keith pointed at me and then my room. My room isn't a 'hell-hole'! Keres's room is way worse than mine! He never yells at Keres to clean his room. I swear, that guy hates me for no reason!

Rue quickly turns towards us, stares at me for a solid minute, and screams at the top of her lungs. "MONSTER!" And throws her pop-corn at me.

"...I know it's a crime to be this adorable, but it's not monstrous.." Not to toot my own horn but...I am cute! But people can't just go around calling me a monster for it. Not everyone can be as lucky as me.

"Ah, yes. I'm sure we can lock you up in the cellar for your crimes, sir." Keith snickered at me.

"What? If I get locked up, people won't be able to appreciate my adorableness." The cellar's a scary place...I can bet anyone 100% that it's haunted. I never wanna go down there again.

"How did this miracle happen though?" Rue said, still throwing bits of popcorn at me.

"...Keith asked...and I came out..." I replied dully.

"Oh...I doubt it was that simp-" She was cut off by Keres's voice yelling.

"AERON! GET OUT HERE, YOU RECKLESS IDIOT!" An ear-piercing scream...why am I always the one who gets told to do everything T_T, what's the point of being the most powerful if you just bend at other people's wishes like that?

"Welp, that's my cue...cya." I go out to see Keres and..Keith??

"You know, it's rude to call the person who saved you an 'idiot'," I said, looking at the black car outside the window. What can I say? It was a fine car.

"..why's Keith here?" Keres pointed at Keith. I don't know, why is he here?

"Why? You got a problem? I just thought you might want an explanation and you know how horrible Aeron is at explaining things." Keith has talked a lot today...which is weird...he never talks to me this much. Mostly it's just Keres or Rue. I'm left out of everything here...

"Jeez, if only you talk to me this much." Keith should know how I feel. It's not nice to exclude your team members from stuff!

"I didn't call you out to settle your problems. We're here to settle my problem today, we could form a committee about why Keith doesn't talk later." Keres said waving his hands as if he could wave anything away.

"It was all Keith's idea." I quickly point at Keith so I'm can get off easily. Rude, but...kids do this all the time, is it really wrong if I do it?

"Sure, blame it on the smart kid, why don't you?" Keith spat at me, he looked like he was engulfed in his own anger for a second. "And Aeron only did that because I told him to, so I guess he's off the hook." Wow, could have said the nice part first!

"What??? I could have gotten killed because of this!?" Keres used the word 'killed' very lightly...but I'm sure he would rather die than face his parents.

"So here's the thing, you know how your parents argue sometimes?" Keres nodded looking intently at Keith. "Well that's what was happening, your parents were fighting over something again, and mostly if they saw you come in late, they would get more mad, and following suit, you would get mad at us for even talking. And since your parents were about to leave for their tour, because of their bickering I doubt they would have checked to see if you were there or not. So yeah, you should thank us for saving your butt. But then again we did this so you wouldn't get mad at us." Keith took in a deep breath after that long sentence. But I heard someone else other than just Keith. Someone was outside the door. I quickly put my hand on Keres's mouth, trying to keep him from talking.

"Someone's here." Keres tried to push ny hand away, he was surprisingly strong, but I held a firm grip. This would sound really wrong out of context...would't it? "Just don't talk out loud, whoever it is outside can't hear us, but it can definitely hear you. Nod if you won't say anything." Keres nodded, I slowly take my hand away hoping he wouldn't scream. And I slightly, ever so lightly, push Keres to his bed so that he would sit down. But I guess he tripped, and gave me a death glare as if I was responsible for him almost falling to his death. Which I kinda was...I guess.

down at the foot of my bed.

"Sorry, I really thought you could handle it," I said looking towards Keith, and I guess he got the message because he was checking who was outside. "Oh, and Keith's writing a spell over there so don't disturb him." I pointed at where Keith was writing the spell. Keres looked really confused, which was, in a way, very satisfying to see. After Keith was done, he nodded towards me, giving me the all-clear.

"Hey, Keres, you know how I said that there's somebody outside your door?" He nodded slowly. "Yeah, it's one of the security guards from the main gate, I mean...he could just be checking on you since you yelled like you were about to kill someone, or it could just be he's taking rounds? Does it matter what it is?" It doesn't affect us which it is, as long as Keres doesn't get into trouble. Keres's face looked like he was about scream and call me the biggest idiot ever, and so again, I put my hand on his mouth to stop him from screaming, and yes, I 'saved' him. Keres looked so done with me by now, it was actually hilarious.

//*
Sorry for publishing like months later. But I had to move during the summer and didn't have much time after settling down. I know this isn't really a good excuse but, it's all I got. Lol. I'll try to update sooner from now on, not gonna promise anything cause I'm a lazy ass. But I'll try. And thank you for reading ♡ It means the world to me!
Also credits to mariah3456789 for making my cover! (Thanks dude, sorry I couldn't make it to your B-Day xd) Lol, see you soon on the next update, hopefully! And if there are any mistakes, tell me, I'll fix them because I finished writing this at like...3:30 am lolol.
//*