Sticky

Helga ran to her locker, when she got there she couldn't get stupid thing to open. She could barely see through the tears in her eyes.

Ugh why do my tear ducts seem to only work when I'm angry! Helga punched her locker out of frustration and let out a high pitched scream.

"Um, Hel....Helga." A soft voice whispered behind her.

She whirled around only to see Brainy standing there looking down at the ground.

Helga took a deep breath to calm her self. "Hi Brainy."

"Um, I saw what Rhonda did in there soo, um...here you go." Brainy held out a bag to Helga.

Helga took the bag, "What is it?"she asked but, Brainy was already halfway down the hall. She opened the bag to see PE sweats and a shirt and a hoodie.

"Thank you Brainy. "she smiled as she made her way to the girls bathroom to change.

================

Of course Phoebe , Gerald and , Arnold went to look for Helga. Once they found her they saw her in what was apparently, someone elses gym clothes.

"Helga ! There you are!" Phoebe stopped next to Helga who was putting something in her locker.

"Oh, uh hey guys." Helga refused to make eye contact with Arnold who was openly staring at her.

Wow she looks even better in just sweats and a hoodie. I bet she looks even better with nothing...Arnold started to blink furiously and began blushing at his almost thoughts.

Whoa, stupid hormones don't make me think like that. I don't want to end up like Rhonda. Arnold thought glancing away from Helga.

"Helga are you ok?" Gerald asked once she closed her locker.

"Yeah, I guess I just lost my cool. I mean just because I don't go around bullying people anymore doesn't mean I won't still kick someones ass." Helga balled up her fist tight.

Phoebe smiled at seeing a bit of the old Helga come out. So did the guys. This was the Helga they knew.

"Where did you get the gym clothes from Helga?" Phoebe asked tugging on the sleeve of the hoodie.

"Oh these aren't mine. Brainy saw what happened and let me borrow his." Helga half smiled at this , causing Arnold to raise a questioning eyebrow .

Did she like BRAINY of all people. What about me?

Wait, what about me? Why do I wonder if Helga likes me?

Arnold was so lost in thought he didn't even hear the bell ring or see the halls fill up with kids rushing to get to class.

"Arnold, are you coming?" Gerald waved a hand in front of Arnold's face.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry spaced out again. Ahahaha." Arnold blushed, again, as he started walking with his three friends.

The rest of the day passed without any incidents. Rhonda, who had a huge red hand print across her face, stayed as far away from Helga as possible.

Once school let out Gerald offered to walk Phoebe home. She of course accepted and told Helga she would call her later.

That left Arnold and Helga standing some what alone in front of the school. All the other kids passed by as they stood there in silence.

"So umm, Helga..uuh that creative writing assignment sounds pretty hard huh?" Arnold just wanted hold conversation with her, to see if the friendship they had started, was still there.

"Nah, poetry is easy. I used to write all the time." Helga looked around for Olga. She was tired and sticky and just wanted to take a hot shower. She was so wrapped up in getting home she didn't notice how weird Arnold was acting or what she had just said.

"Oh! I didn't know you used to write. Why did you stop?"

"Huh? Oh, huh...I don't know just, lost my inspiration, I guess." Helga shrugged it off now praying that Olga would pull up and save her.

"Wow. Well, maybe you could help me. I stink at poetry and I cou...."

"Oh Arnold THERE you are." Lila skipped up to Arnold and gave him a hug that was a bit too long to be friendly.

The hell was that all about? Arnold and Helga questioned inside their minds at the same time.

"Um, hi Lila. What's up?"

"Oh , Arnold , I don't have anyone to walk home with me. And I'm hoping that you would be ever so kind and, walk with me?" Lila batted her long eyelashes at Arnold.

It took everything for Helga not to roll her eyes, All these years and she's still little Miss. Perfect.

Arnold rubbed the back of his neck as he looked over at Helga who was back to looking out for Olga.

"Actually, Lila, I was about to see if Helga could help me with this poetry assignment we have due tomorrow so...." Arnold was cut off yet again, this time by Helga.

"Go ahead Arnold. Olga is coming now and I really want to get home and shower. We can work on it tonight, get my number from Phoebe and text me later. I'll give you some pointers." Helga ran off towards Olga's car before Arnold could respond.

===============

Arnold walked Lila home once Helga was gone. The whole time, all he could think about was Helga in the shower. He tried to focus on whatever Lila was saying but he couldn't listen to her for long before Helga invaded his thoughts.

"Arnold, did you hear me?" Lila looked rather upset, she knew he didn't.

"Oh um, sorry. What did you say Lila?" Arnold looked down at Lila.

She was really pretty. Her long reddish hair flowed down to her shoulders . She had on a tight pale blue tank top and tight skinny jeans with black ballet slippers. Yet, Arnold didn't feel that pull, in fact he hadn't felt it since Helga had come back.

Lila sighed as they stopped in front of her house.

"I said, I like you like you Arnold."