Guess Who's Back

Phoebe , Gerald and, Arnold walked into their noisy homeroom together. Excitement was in the air as everyone discussed their summer.

All of the old gang was there plus some new faces. Phoebe sat down in the second row and placed her head down on her desk.

I wonder what high school Helga is going to this year. If she's made any new friends. If she's still the same....

Phoebes head snapped up when she heard a bag drop next to her. She saw a tall (everyone was tall compared to Phoebe's small 5'1 frame) pretty blonde take a seat next to her. Gerald who was sitting on Phoebes right, (the blonde on her left) looked at her too. It seemed everyone was looking at her. She was new in town, or from the other side of town. She seemed so familiar...yet, Phoebe couldn't quite put her finger on why she felt she knew her..

________________

Whoooa.

Arnold thought as the girl walked past him and sat down on the left side of Phoebe.

Arnold was sitting in front of Gerald in the front row.

Where did this blonde Goddess come from? Arnold thought. He quickly shook his head at the thought.

I've gotta stop hanging out with Sid and Gerald. He thought.

He looked up to see Rhonda approach the girl.

"Ahem." Rhonda cleared her throat to get the girl's attention.

The blonde looked up at Rhonda with a familiar annoyed look.

"Hello darling, I am Rhonda. I don't think I know you. So you must be new because I know EVERYONE in this town." Rhonda boasted .

The blonde girl opened her mouth to respond but at that moment the teacher walked in demanding attention so she could take roll.

"Listen up! As I call your name come up and collect your schedule!" The teacher Mrs. Heart said in her annoying high pitched voice.

She cleared her throat and began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh boy here we go....." Helga whispered quietly to herself once Mrs.Heart got to the P's. Her heart rate picked up as she glanced around the room. Almost everyone was staring at her. Probably trying to figure out who she was. She locked eyes with Arnold at that moment. Her heart begun to beat uncontrollably.

"Uhh, Helga Pataki?" Mrs. Heart called.

The whole room froze.

"here..." Helga managed to squeak out as she tore her eyes away from Arnold's shocked face.

She heard Phoebe gasp as she stood up to go get her schedule.

Suddenly the classroom broke out into whispers .

Helga grabbed her schedule and turned around to return to her desk only to come, some what, face to face with Phoebe.

Helga prepared for the worst. For Helga knew she was wrong to not call, email, or even send Phoebe a Postcard all those years.

"Helga? Is....is that really ...you?" Phoebe asked softly her eyes growing bigger and bigger.

"Yes, it's me Phebes. " Helga said just as softly with a small smile.

"Oh my gosh! Helga!" Phoebe yelled and wrapped her arms around Helga.

Helga hugged Phoebe back all of her nervousness melting away.

"Settle down! Class! Settle down! Ladies take your seats, now!" Yelled Mrs. Heart bringing the class to order. Helga and Phoebe went back to their seats as the whole class watched.

Mrs. Heart went back to calling roll. Phoebe just smiled, so happy to have her best friend back. To know that she was ok.

Helga could feel every pair of eyes on her in the room. Including Arnold's. She looked over at Phoebe who was smiling and comparing their schedule. They seemed to have a few classes together . Once the bell rung it felt like everyone pounced on her at once.

"My Helga you sure do look different. Why you look down right beautiful!" Stinky smiled at her.

"Yeah Helga, you are a total fox!" Sid whistled at her.

"My Helga you look ever so pretty!" Lila bubbled touching Helga's hair.

"I suppose it is an upgrade from the last time we seen you." Rhonda sniffed flipping her long raven hair over her shoulder.

"Guys . Guys. GUYS! Give her some room!" Gerald screamed helping Helga push through the crowd and into the hallway.

"Where did you go Helga?" Harold questioned stepping in front of Helga.

"Yes we were all very worried indeed." Peapod kid pitched in.

"Yeah, where did you go?" Eugene asked before tripping and falling face first in the middle of the hall .

"I'm okay." He mumbled from the floor.

Soon everyone was talking over everyone.

"HEY!" Helga shouted silencing everyone in their group and some people walking down the halls.

"Look I'll answer everyones question at lunch! Crimminy! Until then let me breathe!" Helga said a bit more calmly .

The group grumbled agreements and went off to their first class.

Gosh this is going to be a long day. Helga thought.