Nicky x Reader

I sauntered down the stairs, eating chips out of the bag I had just gone to get. It was seven o'clock, and Dawn and I had decided to watch a movie together. Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of romance films, Dawn was, but it sounded pretty good that night.

"What are we watching?" I asked, just managing to get the sentence out of my mouth, which was stuffed to the brim by the courtesy of junk food.

"Uh, I dunno." Said a voice I was not expecting. Nicky. I quickly wiped a piece of chip from the side of my mouth and subconsciously smoothed my hair back. Now I wouldn't say I'm a girly- girl, but at the age of fifteen, we were starting to mature, and my friendship with Nicky turned into a crush. He was one of my best friends, and we had known each other since we were little and, always had an awesome time, and some of the jokes and pranks we did were priceless. Because of this I got to spend a lot of time with him. However infuriating he was, the sweet side that he sometimes showed to me was endearing.

"Where's Dawn?" I questioned,looking around to see if she was hiding. I gathered up my confidence and rememberd it was just going to be another night with him, as friends and somehow I was okay with that, and entirly comfertable. Nicky patted the spot next to him and I sat down, watching as he lazily browsed through the movies.

"She had to take Dicky to a friend's house. His skateboard 'broke', but I think he's scared of the dark." He answered, swinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Oh," I mumbled, sinking into his hold. I watched as a blush crept up his neck and started to heat up too, an embarrassment for nothing in particular overwhelming me. Suddenly, Nicky's fingers grabbed my chin, turning my head to look at him. I could feel his heart racing in his chest, but mine was going faster as he started to lean in towards me. His face got closer and closer to mine, stopping millimetres before my lips almost teasingly.

"Stupid." I breathed, closing the gap between us. The kiss was sweet, lips pressed on each other's, moving in sync. My mind was swimming, all my senses desperatly trying to capture Nicky's smell, the way he felt, the way he looked before we could pull away. Dawn, with her perfect timing, chose burst through the door at that exact moment, screaming.

"I GOT EVERY ICE CREAM FLAVOUR I COULD! IT'S LIKE A ZOO IN THERE!"

Nicky and I leapt apart, blushing like crazy. He tumbled to the floor, grabbing the TV guide from the counter and pretending to be totally engrossed in it. I, on the other hand, jumped into the most unsuspicious pose possible, stretching myself out on the sofa in a classic move which was the definition of dumb.

"Well hello there Dawn." I said casually, blowing a strand of hair from my face. "What brings you here?"

"I live here." She stated in the most 'duh' tone on the face of this earth. "What was going on there?"

"Wha?" Squeaked Nicky, choosing that exact moment to do a voice crack to give it away. "Um, n-nothing. Hey, I'm gonna go get some paper towels to clean up the guacamole."

"There's no guacamole." Scowled Dawn, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt to stop him escaping.

"Shoot." He breathed, turning on his puppy dog eyes and looking at Dawn pleadingly.

"Nuh-uh mister." She said, before turning to me. "I don't see why you would ever like him."

I shrugged, embarrased, and she continued.

"But I'm happy for you. Just don't do it in front of me."

I smiled at her, grinned more like, and gave her a huge hug, probably crushing her. She was the best friend ever. Period. Reclining back on the couch, I grabbed the remote and chose a movie to watch, stealing the ice-cream from Dawn as she sat down. After a moment of recovery, Nicky placed himself gently next to me, curling his fingers into my own, holding my hand as we watched the screen.

Life hoestly couldn't be better.