"Thanks I guess"I stuttered.

"Alright, let's get started, the journey to Aleda is two hours, I want us to leave early so you can settle in as quick as possible "she said and walked back to the house.

I took in a deep breath and went back to my room. My personal belongings were already packed. I'm sure Wale was responsible for that. I went into the bathroom,took a piss, then went under the shower, I looked around my bathroom, taking in the mismatched curtains, the feel of the rough tiles beneath my feet, the feel of the water flowing down my face. I felt nostalgic. I will surely miss this place for a very long time. I scrubbed the towel against my body to induce warmth and rushed into my bedroom to put on my clothes(whoever set it out had killer fashion senses, I'm sure Jade is responsible for that?).

I tied my sneakers to the hilt, took a long lasting look at my room and a deep breath for support before I went out of my room. With my heart hammering fast in my chest, I tried not to cry but a few stray tears slipped. Oh lawd!  This is hard. I went down the stairs running my hand through the banisters and  headed to the kitchen. I couldn't help it this time, the tears kept gushing out, my heart was breaking and smashing. I had to hold unto my chest for dear life. I was gasping for air, the pain was just unbearable. I felt a touch at my back, and I turned back and held that hand, I buried my head into his neck holding on tight to him for dear life. I did this for awhile till I regained a bit of normalcy. Till it hit me, Oh ghad! I can't believe I was crying all over Wale's shirt, is he angry at me?.

"No I'm not. Infact, I find it pretty cool that you show emotions like this, I was thinking you were a robot"he said trying to joke about it. And I truly appreciate that.

"Thank you" I replied with a tight smile.

"It's nothing, why are we blood? "he questioned rhetorically and hugged one more time.

"Okay, enough with that mushy shit, the cab is here and waiting, let's get going "Jade said making the chop-chop sign whilst smiling.

"Alright, come on man, let's go "Wale said.

I trudged beside him and went out of the house. I looked back again and stared at the house for a seemingly long time. Then I turned and ran to catch up with my cousins.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The journey to my Aunt's place at Aleda was uneventful. Everyone was kinda bummed out except me.  My eyes were glued to the car window and I stared out into nothingness wishing they were different but they were not. I had a feeling everything is about to change and a new chapter of my life was about to start.

After a couple of stopovers, with snores here and there, we finally got to our destination. I had to wake up the rest and they occupied their time yawning and stretching while I got out of the car to check out where I'll be staying now. It was a pretty place at least from the outside with an iron fence and a really magnificent gate.
The lawn was well-trimmed and flowery plants decorates the front of the house,the house itself was a nice bungalow painted in yellow and brown. The house was the definition of cute.

I heard the car door slammed with full force and I saw Wale struggling with a bag too big for his frame. I rushed to his side to help him with the bag.

"Don't even" he said glaring at me, "go take the other bags!"he concluded.

I stared as his back as he walked away—more like waddled away with the big bag—trying to figure out what was wrong with him, I shrugged and turned to continue,

"He doesn't want pity help, he's really self-conscious when it comes to his body frame"Jade said with a look that seemed to be pleading with me to understand why he acted that way.

"Oh!" was all I said and I turned to carry two bags and headed towards the house. Entering the house I was hit with a lilac scent. Wow! I think the love for lilac rums in the family. The sitting room was lovely with two three sitter chairs and a settee and colourful pillows decorating the chair. Family photos decorated the wall and a big plasma TV was plastered against the wall opposite the middle three sitter chair, the dining room was like three /four steps away from the sitting room. All in all, the sitting room was quite homey.

"Soo! Won't you like to see what your looks like? "Aunt Sari said with her eyes glinting.

"Of course, Why not? "I replied looking around awkwardly.
She tugged at my hand and pulled me down a passage then turned to the right and I was met by a door.

"This is your room,open it"she said with her eyes lit up. All I could think of was what so special about the room. I turned the door knob and lo and behold! The room was an exact replica of my former room.

"Wale and Jade thought it will be awesome, so I said why not"she said.

"Do you like it"she continued, looking at me with hope in her eyes.

I rushed towards her and hugged her, "Of course, of course, I do, thank you so much for this" I said with gratitude. The gift was very thoughtful and I was glad for it.
Aunt Sari patted my back awkwardly and told me it was nothing. But it meant everything to me.
I released her from the hug and looked at the room again with wonder in my eyes. Whoever did this was a genius.

"Thank you once again. Thanks for caring "I said quietly.

"You're welcome dear. Lemme give you some time alone"she said smiling and left my room gently closing the door on her way out.

The window was calling to me and I looked out of it. I saw various trees, big and small, with birds chirping. I'm falling in love already.
I went towards the bed and decided to lie down and before I knew it I drifted off.

************************************

Hello Earthlings! How are y'all?!

Aleda is the location of Aunt Sari's home.

Kindly click on the yellow star at the left bottom of your screen. Comments comments comments are highly welcome and recommended, so kindly leave a comment 😇.
Thank you💖